Enable/Disable an extension
Enable/Disable a domain
Add/Edit/Delete extensions

Many thanks in advance

Win

Last edited:

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Unless I missed an announcement the API is only for those with a membership, you can get one here: FusionPBX

Alternatively, there's an opensource project DjangoPBX where the API isn't pay-walled, and there have been others who've written api layers on top of the fusion DB, but if you're going to be providing a service to customers I'd highly advise partnering with someone who knows what they're doing or just cough up the dough for support. While this forum is fantastic and there are helpful folks here, I feel like I'm watching you crowdsource a system you're trying to monetize and I feel bad for your customers.

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Bit odd that there's more information about the Bing API here:
than there is about the FusionPBX API! Even just a note saying that exists but you have to pay for it, would be a start.
I considered hacking something like this together except using testcafe instead of selenium, thankfully I was too busy to play with it and now I’m aware of DjangoPBX. The older I get the more I realize that just because you can do something doesn’t mean that you should. A selenium layer, depending on how you build it, puts the http client at least two hops (freeswitch <> fusion <> selenium <> api server <> http client) away from freeswitch, who’s going to support the end to end solution? I started with Fusion based on the fact that it’s opensource and had a thriving community. While it would have been nice to have a free API, that’s really an enterprise level feature and I can’t blame them for charging. The challenge with opensource is the tragedy of the commons, most of big tech (and lots of little tech) is propped up with open source software but those monetizing the work don’t always give back. It doesn’t take a lot of browsing these forums to see people who are trying to run businesses based on Fusion without even bothering reading the docs, they just come here expecting free support without even doing the minimal to read the docs first or scan the forums for similar questions so they just pollute the space which makes it that much more challenging to find the good stuff. Regarding the information being available, it’s clearly stated in many places, but you have to actually look.

Feb 1, 2017
it’s clearly stated in many places, but you have to actually look.
But the official FusionPBX documentation isn't one of those many places.
This forum is the first hit on Google when one searches for "fusionpbx api", the official FusionPBX documentation is second and the actual answer [the "members" page] is 8th, or 12th, if you count those "snippets" of things I didn't search for, that Google helpfully inserts.

Status
Not open for further replies.