Basic Kamailio and FusionPBX integration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clive Churchyard

May 4, 2017
Newbie here,
I have been handed a requirement to use Kamailio and FusionPBX together.
What i cannot find is a concise guide to setup the integration between the two.
The information either refers to old versions of Kamailio and Freeswitch (not Fusion) or the front end for the cluster script.
Can anyone help please?
Thanks
Clive

Clive Churchyard

May 4, 2017
Yeah sure.
Initially i need to know what needs to be done to get kamailio to hand off calls to fusion, I've seen the dispatcher module but I think the file structure has changed since the tutorials that are available were written. Also they talk about freeswitch config and I have been blissfully buried in the wonderful gui of fusion so not too sure how to convert one to the other. Also I notice that the method digitaldaz wrote for the cluster implementation talks about telling fusion to trust the kamailio instance so am unsure if all or any of these need to be done too.
I'm hoping to get a system that has one kamailio instance handing off to multiple fusion instances in a round robin or load balanced setup and have the absolute to expand if needed.
Obviously I need incoming and outgoing calls too along with LCR.
I hope this gives a little bit more information for you guys to go on.
Thanks

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Clive, its not gonna really happen unless you follow my method that load balances on a per domain basis. I'm gonna tweak up my script soon but basically you are just not going to get what you desire to happen in the near future without a deep understanding of both kamailio and freeswitch and also integrating them somewhow. As far as I can see, load balancing at the moment is impossible.

Clive Churchyard

May 4, 2017
Thanks for the reply. Can you link in your method please as it sounds like it will solve what I'm looking to do in the short term. It's quite possible I have already seen the article but misunderstood the possibilities it was offering and rejected it incorrectly.
Thanks

Clive Churchyard

May 4, 2017
Thanks for this. I have setup this previously but have found that if Node 1 is busy or slow to respond for example and the some clients register with node 2 then the clients that had previously registered with Node 1 cannot call those on node 2 and vice versa. or have I missed a step somewhere? Hence why we were looking at using Kamailio in front of the cluster (or single fusion instances).

jsteel

Feb 9, 2017
Clive,
The setup described in the link you posted describes a scenario in which FS acts as a media server only while Kamailio handles SIP and user registrations. There really is no need to use fusionPBX here as most of the setup and configuration is done in Kamailio.

Clive Churchyard

May 4, 2017
ah ok thanks but would this not be a good setup to scale out an enterprise scenario? creating load balancing and/or round robin
so if for example the company buys another office/company it is required to have more media server resource it could just add another FS/Fusion server into the dispatcher.list?

jsteel

Feb 9, 2017
Yes, it will definitely scale. Just add FS servers as needed, but you will need a good understanding of Kamailio as it will handle the bulk of the SIP load.

Status
Not open for further replies.