change default MOH in domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vozzie

Jan 9, 2017
Is it possible to change the default music on hold for a domain? Now I need to edit every extension.

jsteel

Feb 9, 2017
MOH is set in the v_extensions table so I don't see a way to mange it on a per-domain basis outside of using SQL to update the extensions.

MichaelG

Mar 28, 2018
I'm looking to set up different MOH for different domains too. The below is from the docs online. (http://fusionpbx-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/applications/music_on_hold.html)

"Each music on hold category is given a name. If the domain is set to global the name will be the name in the example below the protocol that is used is local_stream and the music on hold category is default and domain is set to global.
local_stream://default

It is possible that a domain or tenant can have its own category of music. In this example the name is ‘custom’ and the domain was assigned automatically to the current domain.

local_stream://domain_name/custom"

However, the way I read it is that if we change that variable we need to make a folder under each domain, which is a bit of a pain if you have a decent number of domains. Seems like everyone uses the same, or everyone uses different music.

I would be ok with editing every extension, but you hear the default on hold music when you are transferred from an IVR, which is what I want to change.

Has no one else done this? Seems like it would be a pretty common thing to do.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
Just as a note i had the same issue with this, the custom moh works when you are calling in or out and you transfer or put a call on hold from the extension itself but when using an ivr you get the default. The way i have fixed this is to simply use ring groups, if you setup a ring group for the extension and the point the ivr option to the group, edit the ring file that it plays when its being called to your moh file and simply put the extension in it then that sorts the ivr transfer issue.

Fede

Oct 4, 2020
Italy
Hi!

There is still no way to get the default Music on Hold customized for each domain/tenant?

Thanks a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.