SOLVED Changing settings does not apply but shows in GUI - part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkStar

Jun 16, 2017
Hi

It's a continuation of this thread of mine.
TL;DR changing settings only works after clearing cache using ssh and this command:
rm -fr /var/cache/fusionpbx/*

Trying to fix the above issue I've upgraded to FusionPBX 5.1.3 & Switch 1.10.10 (64bit) but still need to manually clear the cache for almost every change we do.

Cache settings:

1699516772006.png

Permissions on cache folder & files:

1699517047121.png
1699517369347.png

Status -> Sip Status -> Flush Cache doesn't work, still the same total files after pressing and getting and orange line with Flush Cache +OK
I've been thinking about a cronjob for the cache folder but in the past I hardly ever needed to press "flush cache".

I hope someone can put me on the right track where to look.

Attachments

• 1699517004683.png
    1699517004683.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 1

whut

Dec 23, 2022
Your cache settings image shows a conflict with everything else you are describing. you have told fusion that your cache is in /tmp.

Change the cache location to /var/cache/fusionpbx
Save
Reload button in the top-right of the default settings page.

Then watch the /var/cache/fusionpbx directory as you press the flush cache button. You should see most files delete. Some file files may appear to remain because they recreate so quickly.

• Love
Reactions: FunkStar

FunkStar

Jun 16, 2017
Your cache settings image shows a conflict with everything else you are describing. you have told fusion that your cache is in /tmp.

Change the cache location to /var/cache/fusionpbx
Save
Reload button in the top-right of the default settings page.

Then watch the /var/cache/fusionpbx directory as you press the flush cache button. You should see most files delete. Some file files may appear to remain because they recreate so quickly.
Awesome thanks @whut
Changing the cache location to /var/cache/fusionpbx from /tmp fixed it. I don't even need to use the flush "button", fields like outbound number are now adjusting again without manual intervention.

So yeah, seems like I was putting temp files in /tmp and /var/cache/fusionpbx.
No idea how it came in the cache default settings but glad its fixed.

For some reason never questioned why I was clearing /var/cache/fusionpbx while the settings said /tmp maybe I convinced myself there was a symlink or something...

Status
Not open for further replies.