Copy/Clone Outbound dialplan to new domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

daves

Apr 5, 2017
Hello, I am fairly new and still finding my way around fusion. I have a multi-tenant set up and I would like have a standard set of outbound dialplan rules that can be copied in whole from one domain to another.
I can see that you can do this one by one and if there are more than a few it can be time consuming and then I must change the gateway in the bridge action to use the gateway for this domain.

Is there an easier way to do this copy all outbound routes (as a group) to another domain?
and is there a way to use a variable for the gateway name to ensure that all routes do not require manual editing?

Cheers
Dave

jsteel

Feb 9, 2017
If you are familiar with SQL you could write a script to handle the dialplan actions as well as changing the name of the gateway.

Backwards

Sep 27, 2017
Did you manage to write a script or find a solution for this? We've come across the same pain with having to copy 12 outbound rules one by one for each tenant.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You can use global outbound routes for this, if that's what you mean, have a look in the official docs, it may be covered in there.

Backwards

Sep 27, 2017
We've created global rules where we can but we've got a mix of clients that have different gateways (for different suppliers) and require these to be created per tenant. We've created a master set that we can copy when we onboard a client but it would be great to be able to copy and update all of these in one go.

daves

Apr 5, 2017
I have not created a script as yet, but it is on my to do list. Unfortunately we are unable to use global routes as we need to have a separate gateway/trunk per tenant.
It is on the to do list...
For the moment we have also created a master list a a template and copy each route one by one for each new customer as we onboard.

SBTech

Jul 28, 2017
If you use the same route for several clients could you not also match the context?

^(customer1.phonedomain.com|customer2.phonedomain.com)$

Then if you need to make a change, its as simple as editing 1 gateway for all the clients with the same route?

daves

Apr 5, 2017
Unfortunately, the way our system has been designed, there will be one gateway per customer only.
1 customer = 1 SIP Trunk/gateway which allows for our softswitch to handle billing and routing of inbound numbers.

SBTech

Jul 28, 2017
you could still do what I have suggested, create a global rule and have a variable for the gateway.

create a context specific outbound rule that sets ${Client_Gateway}

sofia/gateway/${Client_Gateway}/1$1

I do this for CallerID

upload_2017-10-2_10-1-7.png

abraham

May 8, 2018
Hi Guys,

Ive searched around, but am unclear as to how to create a global dialplan.

I changed the context on 1 on the dialplans in a domain to global, and tested other domains for outbound calls, and it fails.

Cant seem to find anything other than http://inside-out.xyz/technology/how-to-configure-shared-dialplans-in-fusionpbx.html , but still not sure where to modify this. Is it suggesting I create another XML file in the dialplan folder to allow for this?

abraham

May 8, 2018
Actually worked it out now.

Create a dialplan with the domain set to Global, and the context set to ${domain_name}

Status
Not open for further replies.