distinctive ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 30, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Morning all!

I was just at a new install, and the customer has 2 DID for 2 different companies, as well as 2 toll free DIDs, one for each company.
at the moment I put in a prefix for incoming calls as I am using just 1 account, is there a way to make it ring differently per DID, I am using Yealink T-42s as hardware.

thx,

H

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
I presume since you posted this on the FusionPBX forum, there is a local FusionPBX server the T42's are registered to. There are different ways you can achieve what you are after.
  • Since T42 is a multi-line phone, you could simply provision a second set of extensions for the second DID and set different ring tone for that line.
  • Use multi-tenant feature of Fusion and provision extensions from the second domain on a separate line key.
  • Use alert-info to change ring tone for different DIDs

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2017
Toronto, Canada
I presume since you posted this on the FusionPBX forum, there is a local FusionPBX server the T42's are registered to. There are different ways you can achieve what you are after.
  • Since T42 is a multi-line phone, you could simple provision a second set of extensions for the second DID and set different ring tone for that line.
  • Use multi-tenant feature of Fusion and provision extensions from the second domain on a separate line key.
  • Use alert-info to change ring tone for different DIDs
it is a hosted, I really dont feel like doubling about accounts, could you tell me more about the alert-info option. is this a fusionpbx option or a yealink option?

thank you again for you help.

H

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
Hi Howard,
So I take it that you are hosting the FusionPBX server? How do you separate different customers and their group of extensions? Are you using multi-domain at all?
The easiest way to implement alert-info is to use "Distinctive Ring" option under "Ring Groups". You'll need a ring group for each DID, set to a different ring tone.
Setting in the Yealink phone is explained here: http://support.yealink.com/attachmentDownload/download?path=upload/attachment/2015-9-17/5/5fe21f49-41ed-4935-b229-a88f925392a0/Instructions+on+the+Distinctive+Ringtone.pdf

https://nicegear.nz/blog/distinctive-ring-on-yealink-phones/

An example (for a Snom phone) from FusionPBX -> Ring Group :

upload_2017-12-9_18-30-52.png

Remember to use an identifiable and unique name for the ring if you have multiple customers on the same server.

kidjake28

Nov 30, 2017
Hey EasyBB

Can you specify ONE of the built in ringtones in the Distinctive Ring field? I wasn't quite sure if I read the yealink pdf correct.

I also want to try to get this working.

EasyBB

Oct 23, 2016
Australia
Can you specify ONE of the built in ringtones in the Distinctive Ring field?
the alternate I am wishing to use is Ring3.wav

Not too sure where the confusion is; anyhow let me try and explain this again. On the Yealink -> Settings -> Ring page choose your ring tone and give it a name:

upload_2017-12-15_0-12-10.png

Now in Fusion ring group enter this string for distinctive ring :

Code:
http://localhost;info=MyRing3

TheOperator

Nov 30, 2016
Bavaria, Germany
With Yealink phones you set a "tag" in the ring group setting that is then passed on to the phone. In the phone configuration you then assign the "tag" to a ring-tone - see "Ring" settings on the phone. The "tag" is placed in the "Internal Ringer Text" setting.

Contrary to the example above, I just place the "tag" in the ring group setting "e.g. "MyRingtone".

To set this up via provisioning I added the following section to my T46G template:

#######################################################################################
## Distinctive Ring Tones ##
#######################################################################################
# It configures the desired ring tone for each internal ringer text. The value ranges from 1 to 10, the digit stands for the appropriate ring tone.

{if isset($yealink_alert_info_1_text)}
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.1.text = {$yealink_alert_info_1_text}
{else}
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.1.text =
{/if}

{if isset($yealink_alert_info_1_ringer)}
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.1.ringer = {$yealink_alert_info_1_ringer}
{else}
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.1.ringer = 1
{/if}

{if isset($yealink_alert_info_2_text)}
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.2.text = {$yealink_alert_info_2_text}
{else}
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.2.text =
{/if}

{if isset($yealink_alert_info_2_ringer)}
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.2.ringer = {$yealink_alert_info_2_ringer}
{else}
distinctive_ring_tones.alert_info.2.ringer = 1
{/if}

........ up to 10 for the T46G

Then simply define the yealink_alert_info_X_ringer and yealink_alert_info_X_text in the device settings for a single device or your global provisioning settings if you want to set this up for all devices.

Nov 30, 2017
Toronto, Canada
thanks, all working now, client very pleased.

sometimes it has to be spelled out for the NEWBIE, and I appreciate the time you took in particular, and to the community as a whole for helping out.

H

Status
Not open for further replies.