Does Anyone Knows how to setup provisioning for a Polycom VVX D230 Dect IP phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jasonpbx

Feb 20, 2024
Hello Everyone,

I just recently purchased a VVX D230 Polycom phone. I was under the impression that the phone provisioning was the same as other Polycom phones lsuch as the VVX 300/310 or VVX 350. Do any have any knowledge on how to set it up and provision it?

voipBull

Dec 3, 2023
Well, VVX D230 does not run the same UC firmware stack that all other Poly VVX series phones run. That's because Poly just stamped their logo on it after they acquired OBihai. VVX D230 runs the OBihai stack under the hood. Now that being said, provisioning it against FusionPBX should just be as simple as any other phone, as long as you have some understanding of provisioning and FusionPBX phone templates. The template for VVX D230 already exists in FusionPBX. You'll probably just need to map some settings and variables with the attributes in the template to meet your needs.

Jasonpbx

Feb 20, 2024
Okay, I'm pretty new to Fusion and I'm learning. I have been exposed to the provisioning in fusionpbx. I found the template for it. I'm going to give it a try and If I run into any issues I will follow-up with another question. Thanks

Jasonpbx

Feb 20, 2024
Well, VVX D230 does not run the same UC firmware stack that all other Poly VVX series phones run. That's because Poly just stamped their logo on it after they acquired OBihai. VVX D230 runs the OBihai stack under the hood. Now that being said, provisioning it against FusionPBX should just be as simple as any other phone, as long as you have some understanding of provisioning and FusionPBX phone templates. The template for VVX D230 already exists in FusionPBX. You'll probably just need to map some settings and variables with the attributes in the template to meet your needs.
I found the template. However, I'm stuck on how to actually provision the phone. Couple things, I don't know how to get this particular phone to register to the FusionPBX system and I don't know what information I need to populate. to get it up in running. Can you give me some guidence on how to provision the phone

Jasonpbx

Feb 20, 2024
I found the template. However, I'm stuck on how to actually provision the phone. Couple things, I don't know how to get this particular phone to register to the FusionPBX system and I don't know what information I need to populate. to get it up in running. Can you give me some guidence on how to provision the phone
I figured it out... All the information I needed was in the member documents. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.