Email-to-Fax under Fax server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
HI

i am trying for a few days but with no success to configure the Email-to-Fax, did anyone had sucses with this?

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
I have it running on my system. What's the difficulty you're running in to?

So i send a email to my email address and in the subjec line i put in the telephone number ... fusion can connect to this email via imap but the fax is not going out

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
So i send an email to the MailBox in the subject line i wrote "[out] 2125551212" this email is sitting the Fax folder and nothing happend yet any ideas

see the attached screen shot

Attachments

• EMail-Fax.png
    EMail-Fax.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 382

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
you need to turn on queuing and also need a script that pulls the emails from the server...

in advanced / default settings / fax / send_mode - set enabled to true

In your crontab, add the following line:

*/2 * * * * root wget --no-check-certificate --delete-after https://<domain_url>/app/fax/fax_emails.php
This will poll the email server for new emails - in this case, i check every 2 minutes. Please note that this script will check for all domains

Reactions: krooney

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
Also, there seems to be some difficulty in getting it to work with gmail. I installed postfix on my server and it works great

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
Also, there seems to be some difficulty in getting it to work with gmail. I installed postfix on my server and it works great
Thank you so much for your help not the Fax are in wait status see the attached images not sure what i am doing wrong

Attachments

• wait.png
    wait.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 269

phonesimon

Apr 21, 2017
Hey, I didn't know this existed. Did you guys follow documentation or a tutorial to make this work? Looks like it's not on the docs site. Other than what you've mentioned above -- what else do we need to know?

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
i don't think so, if i upload the file and send it from web portal it works fine

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
i was digging more into this, it seems to me like all domains now cant send Fax any more they stay stuck in the fax que with status waiting

this happened after i did send_mode - set enabled to true

MTR

Oct 25, 2017
Just to recap

If i set send_mode to true my outbound fax are not working they are just stuck in the fax que with status waiting

If i set it to false then i can send out fax from the Web portal but email to fax will not work

Any idea?

badonk

Mar 14, 2018
Hey, I didn't know this existed. Did you guys follow documentation or a tutorial to make this work? Looks like it's not on the docs site. Other than what you've mentioned above -- what else do we need to know?
I am interested in this too. Does anyone have some documentation on how to setup this feature?

krooney

Jun 18, 2018
So i send an email to the MailBox in the subject line i wrote "[out] 2125551212" this email is sitting the Fax folder and nothing happend yet any ideas

see the attached screen shot
did you get this working with gmail

tag915

Sep 24, 2018
Has anyone been able to get this to work? IT seems everything stays in Queue and never processes. I can't find any information to troubleshoot the issue. Sending through the web works perfect but email to fax stays queued.

Status
Not open for further replies.