Fax Server forward number issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2018
Hi,

I am have an issue with one of my fax server forward numbers not forwarding to the number after a fax is received. I have others that forward without issue but one of them does not forward. I check call logs and it doesn't even look like it is attempting to forward. I also tried forwarding it to an external number as well but it would still not forward. I tried deleting and re-adding that fax server as well.

Any ideas on where I could look and see if it is actually telling it to forward? I checked the dialplan manager for the fax servers, but it does not look like that has to do with the forward.

Thanks

Jan 30, 2018
Anyone else have any similar issue with fax? Here is some additional details to add to above details.

How I have fax configured is I have one domain setup on the fusionpbx server that all faxes go through. I am using t38fax.com as the gateway for that outbound faxes. The outbound seems to work great this way and I did it this way so I only need one sip account from t38fax.com instead of needing one for each of my other domains. I am not using t38fax.com for the inbound provider, only for the outbound.

My inbound is coming in from AnveoDirect and it seems to be working ok, the only problem is that it seems that any new fax servers I create if I add a forward number to the fax server settings they will not forward to that number. I have tried creating a new fax server 3 different times with different ext numbers. They receive the fax without issue. They will just not forward it on to a specified number. I tried going to one of my previouslly created fax servers on the same domain that did not have a forward number already and adding one and it worked without issue. Any idea what would be stopping newly created fax servers from forwarding to the specified forward number?

Thanks

Jan 30, 2018
OK, in case anyone has a similar issue, I figured out why I was having this issue. I noticed a common denominator while trying to troubleshoot. Any of the fax servers that would not forward the fax to the number I listed had an apostrophe (') in the name of the fax server. I removed the apostrophe and it immediately started forwarding correctly. Not sure if I missed something in instructions somewhere stating this can't be done or if it was just somehow an issue with my setup. But hopefully if someone is having the same issue with the fax server that this will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.