From Domain in outbound gateway - Call Forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Hello, I having trouble figuring this out, may I request a little help.

I have Outbound Caller ID set in my extensions and "Caller ID in From" set in the gateway and outbound calls work just fine here is a snip of the invite going to my SIP trunk:

INVITE sip:0123456789@myprovider.co.uk SIP/2.0.
From: "01636xxxxxx" <sip:01636xxxxxx@myprovider.co.uk>;tag=Q2vZvH22ByHNQ.
To: <sip:0123456789@myprovider.co.uk>.

Now if I forward an extension to the same PSTN number and call the extension from another extension, the invite to the SIP provider looks like this:

INVITE sip:0123456789@myprovider.co.uk SIP/2.0.
From: "Adrian WP52"" <sip:202@my.fusionpbx.co.uk>;tag=1vSQe0a6eQggB.
To: <sip:0123456789@myprovider.co.uk>.

The domain in the from header is no longer my SIP provider it is the tenant domain. So instead of sending a proxy authenticate the SIP trunk just returns a 403 relay forbidden.

I can't work out how to keep the myprovider.co.uk as the domain for an outgoing call when it is forwarded from an internal extension.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Hi Jeroen,
No I have not solved it, I think the issue for me is something to do with the Dial String that the call_forward.lua script puts into the extension record when a forward is set up either through the web interface or by using the *72 feature code.

Regards,
Adrian.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I have managed to push this a little further... If in the gateway, I set "Caller ID In From" to false and set "Sip CID Type" to pid. I can now get an INVITE to my sip provider that does contain the correct domain name (that of the SIP provider) and the call doesn't get rejected with a 403 Rely Forbidden.

As I have set my SIP provider account to allow me to set the CLI, the p-perferred-identity header works well and a normal outgoing call will have the correct Outbound Caller ID Number as specified in the extension.

The problem I still have is; if I divert extension 203 to my home phone number (PSTN) and call 203 from say 202, the call fails with a "436 Bad Identity-Info" error because FusionPBX is using the extensions Effective Caller ID Number as the CLI not the Outbound Caller ID Number as the CLI. Does anyone have an idea how best I should change this behaviour when call forwarding to external telephone numbers?

Status
Not open for further replies.