FusionPBX as a Teams SBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Hello world,

Great community, I've been lurking for while but sadly haven't yet contributed much value. There's at least one really good thread regarding setting up FusionPBX as an SBC for Direct Routing (its closed so I couldn't post there), and others have expressed success using vanilla FreeSwitch or some other open source offering which isn't officially supported by Microsoft.

I'm curious if anybody else (or if those who have would elaborate) is open to sharing their experience getting FusionPBX setup as a Direct Routing SBC reliably. Following multiple sources (but mostly from here) we've managed to get the SBC recognized in the teams admin portal, and can see outgoing calls failing with 488 ( Logs also show: Failed. Cause: SERVICE_NOT_IMPLEMENTED). Calls from teams to FusionPBX aren't even registering in the logs. Any help would be appreciated, even if the help is just pointing me to a good (and preferably freely available) book or documentation source that would teach me to troubleshoot.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know if there's an active community of hardware hackers? The SPA303 devices are soon to become paperweights (unless we settle for unsecured connections) and I hate to throw out functioning hardware if it can be helped. I know the cisco firmware is proprietary but saw somewhere that SOCs are somewhat generic, if firmware is put out that trusts public CAs these devices could avoid landing in the landfill for years to come.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
FreeSwitch can't speak Teams, so I wouldn't try too hard. Kamailio can, I think OpenSIPS can too, and DSIPRouter. So a lot of people slap these in front of FusionPBX to act as their SBC.

As for the hardware, yeh. It's a shame. I don't think any community ever really kicked off. Something like pfsense but for SIP phones would be great.

Reactions: ardyhash

ardyhash

Jan 7, 2021
Thanks hfoster, perhaps I should have taken your advice but I'm stubborn. Wanted to post for anyone else stumbling on this thread that it isn't entirely impossible just requires multiple configuration points. after adding a dialplan in teams admin console calls from teams into fusion went through. I suspect teams is rejecting the calls from fusion because they're not encrypted... fingers crossed...

Status
Not open for further replies.