FusionPBX LXC or KVM?

Status
Not open for further replies.

elkato

Feb 25, 2017
Hi guys,
I recently upgraded Proxmox to 4.4 version (LXC + KVM). I wonder if you have tried and what do you recommend for a production FusionPBX installation in any of this virtualization technologies, and why.

Thanks in advance, and great forum to participate!!!

Duncan

Jul 18, 2017
Bit of a bump - but Fusionpbx works exceptionally well via lxc under Proxmox. Just remember to do 'apt-get install systemd systemd-sysv ca-certificates' on the debian 8 template first.

elkato

Feb 25, 2017
Thanks. I'm using it already since February in produccion over LXC, and about 20 concurrent calls per day. Works fine.
I needed to mark packets with Dscp and configure QoS on network to improve RTP audio. After that no much audio issues.
Im using OVS on proxmox, and only bad thing I've found was not finding much info about QoS on OVS. I didn't find how to setup CoS or Dcsp, similar as I'm doing on physical switch Cisco SG-300.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I have never needed to use QOS, in fact QOS should be useless unless it is on a LAN

elkato

Feb 25, 2017
Yes on LAN. We have units on a DC, and there are many other traffic. so we have set dscp, and we see better notable results on audio quality (using ulaw). We have improvement at switch and FW level.

Status
Not open for further replies.