Generic Announcement & Navigate Call Elsewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Hi,

If I wanted to have a recording play at the start of the call "Thanks for calling" before directing to a specific extension or ring group, what would be the best way to do that?

I don't want to create a queue as I don't want to have to create agents for each of the devices, I just want to play the recording / phrase then transfer to a ring group to ring the phones.

I've tried using IVR - however it plays the recording 3 times when there's a really short timeout set, plus you can press buttons which I don't want as an option. I've also tried "Phrases" however I'm stuck on whether I can transfer the call and how I'd even navigate to the phrase in the first place.

Thanks!

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
You can do it using IVR, turns out Max Failures and Max Timeouts have to be set to 1 not 0.

The only downside is the user can skip the 'announcement' by pressing a button!

phonesimon

Apr 21, 2017
Hmm...

Make a "phrase" using the Phrases application.

Then set up your Destination to first play the phrase then go to your ring group or extension.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Haha can't believe I over complicated it that much!

One thing though, creating the "phrase" doesn't work, it just skips it and goes straight to next destination.

Playing the "recording" does though, however the user can interrupt the recording by pressing keys which is weird as it just silences the call and doesn't progress it!

Thanks

phonesimon

Apr 21, 2017
The phrase method works for me. You may need to look at your logs to find out why it isn't working for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.