Help setting up Multiple tenants in fusionPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

babu

Feb 7, 2024
I have been thinking of starting up a voip Business, and i chose fusionPBX because of its multi-tenancy support .
My sip trunk provider allocates me 100 sip numbers for distribution and i can use this for outbound and inbound, and this was what i am planning to assign
each client as a separate number within the range for both outbound and inbound through fusionPBX.
I was also thinking how would the setup be like if a client have there own pbx and i am suppose to route calls to them
i.e
A Call comes in on a Gateway to DID 55555
FusionPBX routes the call to the extension 1111 that goes to the customers on-premise PBX, and when the clients
make and outbound should still make outbound call with number 5555 as outbound id.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
On a rudimentary level, it is possible to attach another PBX as an extension to FusionPBX. You simply set the outbound caller ID on the extension, and route the inbound to the extension.

For more complex setups, you may need to research the Bridges tool.

I would note, FusionPBX is designed to be a PBX first and foremost, that is to say that the default configuration assumes you are attaching SIP Extensions to it, to route out of Gateways or Bridges you've configured. If your customers start demanding dedicated trunks, you'll probably want to look into researching software like Kamaillio.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
We have people using FusionPBX for SIP trunking first person I know of to do this was over 8 years ago. You can use SIP registrations or IP authentication (preferred) using the CIDR field on the extension to authorize the IP address of a remote PBX.

My point for adding my comment here is to say that FreeSWITCH and FusionPBX are both capable of doing it and many people are using it for this purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.