Hi, My name is Adrian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Hi, My name is Adrian and I thought it was about time I wrote something here...

I started my working life in 1981 as an apprentice, here in the UK, working for Post Office Telecommunications, which later became BT. Eventually becoming a data management consultant in the early noughties.

I also worked as a lecturer at Castle College in Nottingham, teaching computer programming to HNC level.

Becoming self employed in 2009, initially relying on my skills as an Electrical Engineer, but then finding more and more telecommunications and IT work. I started collaborating very closely with an independent telecoms firm in Nottingham and ended up building a fully automatic CDR billing system and a B2B Gateway in to Openreach on their EMP platform. This allowed our company the same access to Openreach engineers as the rest of BT.

A couple of years ago, I setup a SIP trinking platform using Opensips and interfacing directly to BT. This is still working well and the customer base is gradually growing.

With the decline of traditional telephone systems, I'm just starting to embrace the "Hosted PBX" concept, hence my interest in FusionPBX.

I hope that tells you a little about the guy behind the posts...

Status
Not open for further replies.