Multiple Phones per Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Does NOT work bug free. Has many issues. I tried several times and have abandoned the idea. At first, it appears its working. AFter a few hours the problems begin.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Now that I have said it doesn't work, I realized I didn't have multiple registrations set to TRUE in sip profiles. I will test this again tomorrow.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
This is what I have found - SLA or SCA, is very flaky, unstable, not reliable and causes other issues. I have left Fusion and gone back to Freepbx. I think fusion is a great product for someone who is more knowledgeable than me. Freepbx and I get along great and I have fewer issues. Freepbx does not have shared lines nor does it have mult-tenant capabilities. BUT - it just works. I guess since I tried using SLA (shared ext) it messed me up. I created ext 1001, then assigned it to 3 devices. All 3 worked for about 10 minutes. Then 1 of the 3 devices stopped ringing even though it showed registered. So, I then only used 1 device for ext 1001 and it still wouldn't ring. I tried reloading ACL, XML, restarted the sip profile, rebooted the server, restarted fusion. NO luck. Ext 1001 was lost forever. I had to create 1002 to get moving. Too many issues for me.

I am sure if you are someone like Diaz and have his knowledge and foundation fusion would be no issue.

Freepbx just works for me without too much thought. In all fairness I have used it for 3 years so I am more familiar

My only two reasons for wanting to change was the shared ext feature and multi-tenant feature.

Hey Andrew, thanks for your feedback. I can confirm FreePBX has shared line access - have been using it for a number of years now and works fine. I have found to date, Fusion does everything FreePBX does and more - I do agree Fusion, takes more time to learn, but offers way more power. I'm very surprised at SLA and SCA being flaky. Will carry out some testing.

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
To be more specific - this is what happened:

1) I created ext 1001
2) I used an SPA 525GS, another 525 G2, and a SPA942 as my 3 devices.
3) I registered all 3 devices to ext 1001
4) All 3 registered and worked fine. I then assigned a ring group to ext 1001
5) When I called the ring group, all 3 devices rang. No issues there
6) About 10 minutes later, I noticed one of the 3 devices stopped ringing when the ring group was called.
7) I rebooted the phone and did many other tasks to try and get it to ring again - Never would
8) To make sure the device was working I assigned private ext 1002 to line key 2 and it worked
9) I decided to do away with sharing and ext 1001 would never work again. It was like it was in deep space 9.
10) Nothing I did would revive ext 1001

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I just have a tough time switching from the old reliable SPA line to Yealink. I kind of figure too that if fusion is having troubles with Cisco then fusion may have issues that need to be addressed. Freepbx (asterisk) has no issues that have affected me with Cisco SPA phones. I wasn't looking at moving away from Freepbx and SPA phones. I just need them to work. Right now Freepbx and Cisco SPA have a great marriage. Just out of curiosity, what model yealink do you have?

Also, I can't believe that the issue I am having with ext 1001 being unusable has anything to do with the phone

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
When you say BLF you mean shared line? BLF stands for busy lamp field. What model yealink are you now using?

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
BLF works great. To a point. SLA was the issue. I guess you don't want to talk about your model of yealink

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
I appreciate all the feedback. I am glad to hear you're having good success with fusionpbx. Until I become more versed in freeswitch and fusionpbx I will have to stick with freepbx. I don't have a thousand extensions on one server although I wish I did so my outfits a little smaller so I'm okay to stay where I'm at for now. That's pretty impressive to have a thousand clients on one server

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
Ok, here is where you go to set Multiple Registrations to TRUE

Advanced > Sip Profiles >Internal > Scroll down to Multiple Registrations

Status
Not open for further replies.