Multiple Phones per Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, I found it :) I have not set this to true and my testing to date is that I have 2 phones logged into extension 100 (my Fusion is remote to me in our datacentre) and seems to be working fine (testing for about 24hours now).

Not sure what this setting actually does but notice it has the "Value" = Contact set? I'm booked in for the training course next week so will ask then :)

Len

Mar 8, 2017
in FS you would set:
<param name="multiple-registrations" value="true"/>
Does that mean in Fusion we should change the value from CONTACT to TRUE?
Also, I belive you need to rerload XML and wait for both to register again?

benofishal

Sep 27, 2018
What version are you running? I'm on 4.2.5 and its not in mine....
It wasn't in mine either, perhaps its new and doesn't get added when you upgrade. I just added it in and restarted freeswitch and multiple registrations now working. No issues so far, 7 phones on one extension, Polycom 550s.

SipTek

Sep 24, 2018
We are testing out CouterPath's Bria Stretto with our FusionPBX. Bria Stretto offers both a desktop softphone client as well as Android and IOS Mobile App. We have multiple registrations set to true and I currently have 3 endpoints registered for each extension. (yealink desktop phone, Bria Stretto desktop app, and Bria Stretto Mobile App.) We have 4 users on our Fusion testing this. All 4 users have (3) registrations for the same extension. So far it seems to be working. We have BLF, chat, text messaging working. It supports video but we have not got that working yet.

markjcrane

Staff member
Jul 22, 2018
Multiple registrations is a setting in the SIP Profile that has been available for a long time.
multiple-registrations values can be contact, true, or false.

multiple-registrations = contact

A value of 'true' is not as safe as using 'contact'. With it set to 'true' you are more likely to see duplicate registrations.

It doesn't show up on older systems because it we didn't have a way on earlier versions to add parameters that were enabled = false by default.
Changing the SIP profile during the upgrade would not be safe unless the parameter was disabled. Adding disabled parameters on upgrade has not been done yet.

Shared Line Appearance does work but you do have to set it up correctly and understand more of what you are doing in relation to Ring Groups.

Status
Not open for further replies.