nat-ping-options only see 3 pings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tricky1024

Mar 2, 2017
Hi all, i have enabled nat-ping-options as i have some client phones behind nat dropping off the system after time.
When i enable this and reload xml and restart the internal profile i dont see the pings taking place in the fs_cli.

But if i reboot a phone i see it pings the phone 3 times then stops.

I would have thought this would need to keep doing this to ensure the phone is still there, any suggestions?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Yes, do not try and get the server to do the job of the phone, enable some sort of keepalive mecahnism on the phone, they should all have them.

Tricky1024

Mar 2, 2017
ok that makes sense, a am using the Sangoma S500 phones, under NAT Traversal they have - No, No, but send keep alive and STUN. currently they are set to No so i will try No, but send keep alive. what is odd is that the PBX is hosted in the cloud and the phones never actually lose registration but i think the router is closing the ports as sometimes the phones just dont ring. problem gets better if i reduce the registration timeout on the phones.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Thats right, thats what I would expect, just turn on keepalives you should be good

Tricky1024

Mar 2, 2017
i have enabled keep alives and disabled the ping settings from the PBX side, I will monitor today, normally the issue becomes very obvious during the cause of a day. thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.