NGinx 502 Bad Gateway error when clicking on upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Strowbridge

Sep 15, 2017
Good morning,

I searched this in the forum but did not find reference to it so I am making a post for others should they find it helpful.

I am running a fresh install of FusionPBX :

Git Information Branch: 4.2
Commit: 61d2cca7921e4eaaac11377bad220cc0a03ffa65
Origin: https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx.git
Project Path /var/www/fusionpbx
Switch Version 1.6.19 (64bit)

OS is CentOS 7 64bit

Today of the first time I clicked on the Upgrade link under Advanced tab and immediately got the 502 bad gateway error.

My NGinx error log:

2017/09/15 10:07:45 [crit] 1107#0: *3029 connect() to unix:/var/run/php/php-fpm.sock failed (2: No such file or directory) while connecting to upstream, client: x.x.x.x, server: fusionpbx, request: "GET /core/upgrade/index.php HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:/var/run/php/php-fpm.sock:", host: "x.x.x.x", referrer: "https://x.x.x.x/app/dialplan/dialpl...&app_uuid=xxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxx-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx"

A quick search for the php-fpm.sock file revealed it was under /var/run/php-fpm/ and not /var/run/php/.
I created the php directory under /var/run/ and a symlink (ln -s /var/run/php-fpm/php-fpm.sock php-fpm.sock) to the appropriate file location and Upgrade page appears and options are working.

Hope this is beneficial to anyone else with the same issue.

Matt

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Unless you have a really compelling reason not to do so, I would use Debian. most of the testing is done on Debian and it should just work out of the box. Everything else is second best and will usually lag behind Debian in terms of stability.

Matt Strowbridge

Sep 15, 2017
Unless you have a really compelling reason not to do so, I would use Debian. most of the testing is done on Debian and it should just work out of the box. Everything else is second best and will usually lag behind Debian in terms of stability.
Thanks for the response.
CentOS is my flavor of choice. Perfectly capable of doing my own testing and getting past issues that are distribution based.
Not looking like I'll be going this route anyways. May try and have a look at this product again in the future if some things change for the better such as documentation.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.