old timer but Newbie with FusionPBX confused about domains and tenants... ( suggetions wanted)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGIDI

Sep 22, 2021
Hello Fusioners.:cool:

For context, we have some voip experience but this is my first time with FusionPBX , because i needed an easy multi tenant solution so i could stop spinning up VPS for each client.

I am a little confused on the use of domains for customers.
I was thinking to do the following and need comments or suggestions

Customers/Clients do not use FusionPBX GUI, just softphones.
We are trying to use acrobits white label which will be setup to 1 server mainpbx.com domain which points to the VPS public IP.

I was planing on creating my customers under domains as
Company1
Company2
Company...5
(But not actually creating A records for each subdomain)
Will extension be able to register from any Company1...5 if the softphone is setup to reach mainpbx.com ?

What would be the best practice for this? all pointers and suggestions are welcomed.

Last edited:

AGIDI

Sep 22, 2021
Im adding yo my previous post and maybe paraphrasing a little bit.

I read some posts that mentioned that an account could register one of two ways
Assuming the VPS has mainpbx.com as a domain

Domain on Fusion Client1.mainpbx.com, user can register softphone with extension 400 and password, to server client1.mainpbx.com
or
Domain on Fusion Client2.mainpbx.com, user can register softphone with extension 400@client2.mainpbx.com, to server mainpbx.com ???
Is this correct?

My issue is that the softphones come "hardcoded" with mainpbx.com as the server, but i still multi tenant to work
All suggestions are welcomed. thanks

Last edited:

voipguy87

Aug 28, 2023
We are also evaluating Acrobits white-label and they have a feature called 'unlimited subdomains' which seems like it might be necessary to allow the multiple domains correctly. There is an additional monthly cost associated however. I can update as our evaluation continues.

AGIDI

Sep 22, 2021
Im testing that too, apparently you need unlimited subdomains + custom account forms. So you can input USER, PASS, Domain, since they usually "hardcode" the domain into the app. It keeps adding up $

voipguy87

Aug 28, 2023
Yes, but at scale it's still pretty reasonable compared to other solutions which are at $2+/User/Month and seems like a decent solution otherwise. So far call quality has been good in our testing.

Last edited:

AGIDI

Sep 22, 2021
We have been testing too, but have not been able to get it to use more efficient codecs. It sticks to ulaw. Any tips or pointers are appreciated.

voipguy87

Aug 28, 2023
We haven't gotten there yet, but it looks like you can change the codec order in the account.xml, but you might have to setup external provisioning and provide the account.xml yourself through a web service, not sure if it can be change in the UI.

volkswagner

Nov 18, 2020
@AGIDI are you still working on this? I'm not sure I'm following since I don't know the purpose of acrobits.

From a registration to the pbx and A record perspective, I believe the following scenario works:
  1. Public IP/A record resolves to mainpbx.com
  2. customers/tenant domains are like cust1.mainpbx.com, cust2.mainpbx.com (cust1, cust2 may work as well but kill flexibility if in the future you need/want to grant individual customers access)
  3. When registering a device the sip/registry domain = cust2.mainpbx.com and you set the proxy address to mainpbx.com
The customer domains don't need to be resolvable.

I see Acrobits is a softphone. If it doesn't have the ability to add proxy address, this will be a no go. Zoiper and SessionTalk have this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.