SOLVED outbound callerid not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
Hello,

I have input my phone number in the "effective" and the "outbound" callerid on the extension and the variable does not get set. What is showing up on the carrier is the extension. Is there something else I need to do to enable this feature on the outbound trunk or on the extension?

on the trunk I have

effective_caller_id_number=${outbound_caller_id_number}
FYI: I have also changed it to "effective_caller_id_number=${effective_caller_id_number} " and still no change.

thanks,

Jeroen Hermans

Oct 11, 2017
Hello mrjoli021,

I seem to be having exactly the same problem. Have you figured this problem out?
Thank you for your reply!

Jeroen

mrjoli021

Jul 20, 2017
For some reason on my outbound route the callerid was not set. What I did was delete the entire outbound route and recreated it. That fixed my issue.

Jeroen Hermans

Oct 11, 2017
Hello mrjoli021,

I may have some information for you that may be interesting.
I am using a multi tenant system and i THINK ${outbound_caller_id_number} is not filled in a multi-tenant system. I changed the line in my dialplan to:

action set effective_caller_id_number=${user_data(${username}@${domain_name} var outbound_caller_id_number)}

That fixed my problem and the From-header is now correct! I hope this helps you.
Now i have a new problem with my phone behind NAT (see new thread).

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Hello mrjoli021,

I may have some information for you that may be interesting.
I am using a multi tenant system and i THINK ${outbound_caller_id_number} is not filled in a multi-tenant system. I changed the line in my dialplan to:

action set effective_caller_id_number=${user_data(${username}@${domain_name} var outbound_caller_id_number)}

That fixed my problem and the From-header is now correct! I hope this helps you.
Now i have a new problem with my phone behind NAT (see new thread).

This is absolutely incorrect.

In the extension effective caller id number is where you would put the extension number, outbound caller id number is where you would put the external did number.

The correct outbound route part is: action set effective_caller_id_number=${outbound_caller_id_number}

That ensures the caller id number is set to the outbound on outbound calls.

If that's not working properly then you have something else wrong somewhere.

Jeroen Hermans

Oct 11, 2017
Hi DigitalDaz,

Thank you for your reply. I have tried this in a single-tenant situation and that indeed works. I still think that in a multi-tenant situation you have to specify the scope of your variables and that is exactly what i am doing in that action. Other than that my action looks exactly like yours right? If i am doing it wrong i am very interested in why in a multi tenant system ${outbound_caller_id_number} always is empty.
Kind regards!

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I have multiple multi-tenant systems, the behaviour is exactly the same if you can show us an example of your extension config and the outbound route that would be helpful.

Jeroen Hermans

Oct 11, 2017
Hi DigitalDaz,

Thank you for your fast reply! What information do you need from me? Screenshots or snippets from XML-files? What files do you need?
Thanks for your reply in advance.
Kind regards!

Jeroen Hermans

Oct 11, 2017
Yes, i am not editoring the XML's, but i thought maybe copy-pasting them here is better. Sorry for the confusion :)
Please find attached two screenshots of the extension (202), i am testing with. The extension 202 is in context emiel.voip.xyz.nl (the domainname) and the gateway is in context "public". I am not sure if that is of any importance.
Thanks again!

Attachments

• screen2.png
    screen2.png
    47 KB · Views: 268
  • screen1.png
    screen1.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 263

Jeroen Hermans

Oct 11, 2017
Here are screenshots of the applicable outbound route and the corresponding gateway. Thanks again!

Attachments

• screen5.png
    screen5.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 259
  • screen4.png
    screen4.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 257
  • screen3.png
    screen3.png
    53 KB · Views: 258

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Can you try it just with this please.

effective_caller_id_number=${outbound_caller_id_number}

You shouldn't need to but once you have changed it, flush memcache and perhaps even restart freeswitch.

This should definitely work as expected.

Jeroen Hermans

Oct 11, 2017
Hello DigitalDaz,

Thank you a lot for taking the time to help me with this problem.
I have configured effective_caller_id_number=${outbound_caller_id_number} in the outbound route and that works. I have changed the callerid in the extension configuration to be sure i am seeing the new configuration. The SIP packages now reflect the new CID, so i am sure the new configuration is loaded

Jeroen Hermans

Oct 11, 2017
I am not sure. This seems like it is the same as it was in the beginning. Now it is working indeed. If it should stop working, i will write in this topic again. Thanks for the support.

Alessandro

Dec 1, 2017
Hello,

we are on multitenant Fusionpbx 4.4

We are tyring to set outbound caller id numbert to our first customer (domain) but it doesn't work . We found this thread and we tried to put a new action in the only existing outbound route (screenshot) and also the related caller id number in extension configuration (field Outbound Caller ID Number).
Any idea?

Attachments

• Out.png
    Out.png
    83.5 KB · Views: 187
Status
Not open for further replies.