P-Asserted-Identity header in 200 OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
I have noticed that when calling in to my FusionPBX from another SIP trunk the display on the SIP trunk phone says "600 201" not the number I had dialled. I have worked out that this is because Fusion sends a P-Asserted-Identiy header in the 200 OK. In this case the ring group extension and the extension that answered the call:

P-Asserted-Identity: "600" <sip:201@vox1.xxxxxxxx.co.uk>.

Is there a way of making this header contain sensible information for the caller or turning it off completely?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
@Adrian Fretwell

These should reflect the two fields

Effective Caller ID Name
Effective Caller ID Number

as defined in the extension

The first in quotes "600" is Effective Caller ID Name
The second, 201 is the Effective Caller ID Number

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
@DigitalDaz
I quite agree, and these are set in the extension and work perfectly for an out bound call.
Effective Caller ID Name = Study
Effective Caller ID Number = 201

All the other CID fields in the extension are set to my phone number 01636600xxx.
I can't work out where the 600 is being set, and remember the PAI is in the 200OK, sure it must be something to do with the ring group, maybe it is in app.lua ring_groups - just just don't know what is going on.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Can you add a CID Name Prefix to the ring group to confirm this?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Yes, I added a CID name prefix "Fred" to the ring group, this now shows up as Fred#Number on the ring group phones, but the PAI in the 200 OK is still the same "600" <201@xxx>
I will have a dig into the ring_groups lua later today, but let me know if you have any ideas in the meantime.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Well I can't see anything obvious in ring_groups lua so I think FreeSwitch is adding the PAI to the 200 OK response. I read how to set headers in the response (sip_rh) but unset doesn't seem to work. I can't change the header or work out how to turn it off.

For now, as a work around, I will get my upstream Opensips proxy to strip the PAI from the 200 OK, but I would prefer fix it properly.

If anyone knows how to fix this in Fusion / FreeSwitch please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.