Phonebook (Only supports Yealink currently)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
A client asked recently for a phone book to replace the contacts within FusionPBX with something similar to use. So here it is, our first version.

At the moment it only supports Yealink, we'll be adding more phones as and when we have time. Please report any bugs. Once we have some additional phone support and any bugs ironed out, we will submit it to the project.

To use it, untar the file into your FusionPBX apps folder, this can usually be found at /var/www/fusionpbx/apps.

Once you have done that you will need to go to advanced/upgrade and go through all the options one at a time except update source.

Log out then back in and in the Apps dropdown you should see a new entry phonebook.

There is an import function but this will only work with existing Yealink phonebooks.

I hav added a short video showing how to use it but I expect most will be able to work it out for themselves.

If you are using provisioning, for each phonebook entry you will need to add a pair of variables similar to:

yealink_remote_phonebook_1_name
yealink_remote_phonebook_1_url
yealink_remote_phonebook_2_name
yealink_remote_phonebook_2_url

etc,etc

Because the phonebook will be being deployed over https you will need a real certificate on the server or change the following security setting on the Yealink phones:

trustedcerts.jpg

Video if you need it:

Attachments

• phonebook.tar.gz
    16.1 KB · Views: 202

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Not yet, he probably will not accept it. I want to extend it more before I submit it anyway.

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
Nice app. app_config.php schema details needs to be updated if you want it to work correctly with 4.3. I've had to update all my custom apps.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Nice app. app_config.php schema details needs to be updated if you want it to work correctly with 4.3. I've had to update all my custom apps.

Could you post what needs to be changed please?

KonradSC

Mar 10, 2017
I would spend some time looking over the database classes.
/var/www/fusionpbx/resources/classes/database.php

These are used throughout 4.3 code. If you use the Save function it will put information in transaction table. This is used for auditing changes and later will be used as a way to 'undo' changes. Mark also said using these functions will help with security.

I have attached some examples how i used these in an app i wrote. These tables aren't in fusion by default.

Attachments

• DB Functions Examples.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: DigitalDaz

Shaun1979au

Aug 1, 2017
Hi there,
Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for.
I've installed it following your guide but unfortunately the groups won't create.
When I add an entry and create a group the entry appears to be assigned to the group but when I edit the entry there are zero groups....and when it creates the URL there is no group.
Fusionpbx 4.2.2
Cheers,
Shaun

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
You're not putting any spaces or fancy characters in the group names?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
And you folowed the video exactly? And you are using Debian 8 and postgresql?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Probably but I have no interest in it, mysql is no longer even tested on fusionpbx and as far as I am aware its not going to get any better. We use BDR for replication which is a postgres thing, take advantage of data types like uuid and json/jsonb etc. Look in the code at the database stuff, I haven't even added any mysql stuff in there at all.

Yuri

Aug 24, 2017
Hi,
Thanks for the app, it is great.

For importing contacts into phonebook app, what is correct formatting shouls I use?

<DirectoryEntry>
<Name>Jam</Name>
<Telephone>103</Telephone>
</DirectoryEntry>

Thanks

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Yuri,

Cannot remember offhand but it is the standard Yealink phonebook format

Samael28

Apr 5, 2017
Hi!

How do you access custom settings through template?
Means I set custom setting (for provision URL), but it's not appearing in final config, cause it's not there ) Nothing like foreach of device_setting_subcategory or so.

Professional Guy

Oct 5, 2017
Hey Daz,
Cool idea, much more simple than Contacts. I installed just fine, I'm having trouble getting this to the phones through provisioning though. It works fine if I web into the phone and manually put in the URL.
Here's some info if its helpful:
I'm on version 4.2.4
I've tested on a T42 and T46 on FW 66.81.0.20+ w/ certificates disabled
Any help would be appreciated :)

stoms

Mar 7, 2018
Hi @DigitalDaz. Is it possible to bulk delete entries?
Also, if I am importing a file is it possible to specify a specific group? I am importing ~300 entries and don't want to manually change the group for eachone

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
This doesnt appear to work any more, i can get it installed however when i add a number it doesnt add it, nothing appears on the page at all, no link no add, also nothing in the sql table.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Yep, I'm aware of this, I think I may rewrite it as I think there are a few people using it.

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
That would be great, if it helps it doesn't seem to create the tables in the database properly however the page does work.

Status
Not open for further replies.