Problems with Ubuntu 20.04 on upgraded and fresh installs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Overkill

Sep 22, 2023
Hello,

I just inherited a FusionPBX install on an Ubuntu 18 server that was stuck on 4.x (I want to say 4.4) because of some modded provisioning configs and an inability to use the git processes necessary. I just removed the offending files since we don't provision off the PBX anymore anyway and upgraded to the latest 5.1 build.

The PBX upgraded all the files to the latest versions, but we seem to have a few issues that weren't there before:
  • Our Users page looks like the attached image (/core/users/users.php)
  • The following pages now lead to a "file not found" error when selected from the GUI:
    Call Forward + Follow Me (/app/calls/calls.php), Messages (/app/messages/messages.php), Email Logs (/app/email_logs/email_logs.php), Settings (/app/settings/setting_edit.php), and Server Errors (/app/errors/errors.php)
I tried to do a fresh install on Ubuntu 20 and 22's LTS verisons, and each of those had different failures as well. On Ubuntu 20, the database insert that makes the admin user a "superadmin" fails at the very end of the script (I was exhausted and didn't save the error, but I can reproduce this pretty easily later this evening and edit this post). I didn't even bother trying to figure out what failed on 22.

Can someone offer some guidance please? I'm pretty versed in Asterisk and Linux in general, but this is my first foray into FreeSWITCH/FusionPBX. Currently limited on time to figure it out myself, and I'd prefer not to just go "We're switching to a system I know" because I don't like to admit defeat AND I kind of enjoy learning curves.

I skimmed log files, but didn't see anything that stood out immediately.

Attachments

• pbx-userspage.JPG
    pbx-userspage.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 8

Overkill

Sep 22, 2023
So I was able to figure out the users page issue; it's a problem with the SQL command at line 154 of users.php

The command includes the column "group_names" which is removed from the latest schema

My hotfix for this was to just throw an empty string in front of it, since other code relies on this column being returned.
PHP:
$sql = "select domain_name, domain_uuid, user_uuid, username, group_names, ";
$sql = "select domain_name, domain_uuid, user_uuid, username, '' as group_names, ";

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.