Problems with voicemail silence and treshold settings getting ignored

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas233

Nov 8, 2023
Hello,

I am new to Fusion but after playing around with some other products I think it is the absolutely best and most stable (and debuggable) also free PBX on the road. Really great work, big thanks to the team who made it !

It works, for my concerns, very well in all stages, except for one little thing, which I couldn`t solve after I`ve already spent hours trying around. So now, here I am ^^.

My problem is that, whatever setting I apply (Advanced -> Default Settings -> Voicemail) for the voicemail_silence_xxx things, it is ignored completely by freeswitch.

After redirecting the user to the voicemail box for recording a new message, he immediatly get`s cut off after the default 3 seconds when it`s too silent. Every time, whatever setting it is.

I`ve tried to overwrite the settings with higher values, to reload settings and restart freeswitch, to update Fusion to latest master (5.1.3) and so on, but nothing changed in behaviour.

My only last idea was to manually rewrite the record_message.lua script of freeswitch directly with higher values for silence, and guess what, that finally worked (just now haha).
I`ve added the line "message_silence_seconds=30;" just after the section where settings have been loaded.

But it`s a very dirty workaround and for sure not the end of the story, do you maybe know what could be wrong in my setup or could it be a bug ?

Will be happy about your help. Thank you !

If you need any log, please just tell me which one.

Thomas

PS: That`s my version info:
Operating System Information​
Version5.1.3
Git InformationBranch: master
Commit: 968706dac216f2189ff00f32268a86aa872eef79
Origin: https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx
Status: Your branch is up to date with 'origin/master'. +0 days ago
Project Path/var/www/fusionpbx
Switch Version1.10.9 (64bit)
PHP Version7.4.33
Operating SystemDebian
Version11
KernelLinux voice 5.10.0-22-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.178-3 (2023-04-22) x86_64 GNU/Linux
Uptime00:05:32 up 1:03, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.01, 0.00
DateThu, 09 Nov 2023 00:05:32 +0100

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.