Provisioning a Cisco SPA525G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaubeere

Apr 14, 2018
Hello,

I want to provision 10x Cisco SPA525G per TFTP. So i set up Debian 8.10, installed FusionPBX which works fine and tftpd-hpa to provide the xml files for the phones via tftp.
The install is completely "naked", i just added devices and extensions. However i have enabled provisioning in the default settings and also set the location for the tftp folder. But the folder is never filled with the xml file. I also get a 404 error when i want to download the xml file via the webinterface.

i looked up in the syslog and there is this entry:
FusionPBX[509]: [192.168.1.100] provision attempt but provisioning is not enabled for a44c11a0a8c2

does somebody have a hint?

thank you

Last edited:

Blaubeere

Apr 14, 2018
That's true. I am kinda new to this stuff and only had a documentation where only the methode with the tftp-service was shown.
But still: I can't download the xml file due to a 404-error, neither are the phones able to do it. How can i fix this?

Thanks

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
What URL are you putting in the phones?

By default the domain filter is going to be on so you need

http:://yourdomain/provision

Blaubeere

Apr 14, 2018
Before putting a URL into the phones, i need actually working url.

When i go to the device-page and press the "Files"-Button, i get this url:
https://192.168.1.199/app/provision/index.php?mac=a44c11a0a8c8&file={$mac}.xml&content_type=application/octet-stream
... but all i get is a 404 Not Found.

domain-filter is off.

Unbenannt.PNG
Unbenannt2.PNG

// edit:
i didn't changed anything and all of a sudden i am able to download the file, so this works.
however, when i put http://192.168.1.199/provision/$MA.xml in the 66 option of the dns server the phone wants to download a SPAA44C11A0A8C2.cnf.xml which isn't there I think.

Is there a possibility to create something like symlinks? so that i am able to provision the phones?

Last edited:

Blaubeere

Apr 14, 2018
hello everyone!

after setting up a vanilla fusionpbx and redo everything i managed the phone(s) to provision, which is nice!

sadly though the templates for the spa525g(2) are not realy useable. i doubt they were ever tested with real hardware.
e.g. the line keys are not proper configureable. the sidecar (spa500ds) does not work at all with the provisioning template.

(i investigated a little bit in this and found out that instead of the propper value for cisco xml-tags >> "fnc=sd;ext=99@IP-ADDRESS;nme="Label" << the xml tags for the sidecar are just filled with a number, which can not be handled by the sidecar)

i also noticed that the template for spa525g and spa525g2 differ heavily but the only difference between those two phones is bluetooth.

are there some improvements planned to this in the future? i would love to see the spa phones work with fusionpbx.

regards

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
Hi @Blaubeere,

I have a small addition. With the SPA500DS you can put $PROXY instead of the actual domain/ip address. Helps prevent mistakes in case you're ever copy/pasting. For example, instead of placing the actually domain/ip:

Code:
fnc=sd;ext=99@IP-ADDRESS;nme=Label

Change it to literally display "$PROXY":
Code:
fnc=sd;ext=99@$PROXY;nme=Label

Has worked for my multi-tenant setup.

Blaubeere

Apr 14, 2018
Hey, thanks for the hint!
Do you have a proper xml-template that is compatible with the fusionpbx webinterface?

hailthemelody

Dec 9, 2017
Unfortunately no. In the past I've provisioned the device as line 1, then manually (on the phone) change line keys 2-5 from "disabled" to extension ("line" in our verbal context) 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.