SOLVED Re-Provision Grandstream Phones w/o Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caleb

Sep 12, 2017
WA, USA
The Status > Registrations page provides the button to cause a registered device to re-provision itself. The button causes FreeSwitch to send a SIP NOTIFY message to the device, with differing "Event" property values, depending on the brand. We use Grandstream GXP2130/60's, and clicking that button will cause the phone to reboot, resulting in the phone downloading the config file during the boot process. We confirmed it does not request the config file before rebooting. So I set out to adjust the configuration so the phones would simply download the config file, and only reboot if changes required it. After a discussion with a Grandstream support rep, I was informed that a NOTIFY message with the Event "resync" will do the trick. We confirmed with with our phones.

To update FusionPBX to send this Event instead of the default value, edit line 94 in /usr/share/freeswitch/scripts/app/event_notify/index.lua, replacing "check-sync;reboot=false" with "resync"

Sep 2, 2017
Thanks for this @Caleb ! FYI -- this worked with the stable branch, but since I upgraded to the main branch, that file reverts back to the original every day or so. No idea why. I'll post here when I find the issue...

Status
Not open for further replies.