Repeat IVR if no input

Status
Not open for further replies.

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
How can you repeat an IVR if a caller doesn't enter the correct options or doesn't enter anything at all?

bayden10

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
www.icttech.net
You could set your timeout to the approximate length of your IVR menu with a few extra seconds added on and then set an "Exit Action" to the same IVR menu prompts

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
There should be a better way to do this. As doing it that way would just always repeat. I want an exit action after 3 failed attempts.

bayden10

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
www.icttech.net
Yes you are correct there should be some sort of multi step features in each IVR menu, the only way I see in which an exit action to hangup or straight to VM would be to create 3 main IVRs and the last one go to VM or hangup.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
These features are already there if you click the advanced button in the IVR.

You have:

Max Failures - maximum wrong digits entry(ies) before ending the menu
Max Timeouts - maximum timeout retry(ies) before ending the menu

So you can get the options etc to be repeated.

What you should also make use of here is the Digit Length option.

If you only have single digit options, say 1-5, then set this to 1 so that the single digit is immediately acted upon.

bayden10

Oct 2, 2016
Canada
www.icttech.net
In response to yukon's question, I was not aware that if there was silence through timeout that it could repeat. I'm accustom to hardware IP PBX IVRs like in the pic which allows for sequencing of an IVR menu process, very flexible.

Attachments

• IVR_Menu.png
    IVR_Menu.png
    35 KB · Views: 54

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Jim, you should be able to cascade the FusionPBX/Freeswitch IVRs as much as you like giving even grater flexibility.

KismetG17

Oct 12, 2016
Maryland, USA
Unless I'm reading this thread wrong yukon, the subject and the question was about repeating the IVR on no user input, I believe Jim answered it succinctly.

yukon

Oct 3, 2016
Unless I'm reading this thread wrong yukon, the subject and the question was about repeating the IVR on no user input, I believe Jim answered it succinctly.

Actually DigitalDaz answered it by mentioning to change the Digit Length option.

Status
Not open for further replies.