Small hardware for FusionPBX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 1, 2017
What small systems have people got Fusion working on? I am thinking no-moving-parts hardware here. Obviously this would mean living within your means - no call recording or transcoding, for example. Rack mount would be great.

Some hardware that I think could work:
  • PC Engines APU2 - 1GHz quad "Jaguar" core, 2 or 4GB RAM
Some hardware that could work but might not:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Put an SSD in an ODROID XU4 and you have it all, no moving parts plus call recording etc and plenty of power.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I probably would use Armbian now if it was available for the XU4.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
PS, I ran an office of about 20 on an Odroid U3 for two and a half years without a problem at all.

ubergoober

Mar 10, 2018
Armbian does have an image for XU4. I tried to run the quick install against it but I think there was a failure to install php. I'll try again from a fresh image.

Last edited:

ubergoober

Mar 10, 2018
Using the fresh image didn't improve my experience. It's bonking on php. I see these messages
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package php7.1
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'php7.1'
E: Unable to locate package php7.1-cli
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'php7.1-cli'
E: Unable to locate package php7.1-fpm
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'php7.1-fpm'
E: Unable to locate package php7.1-pgsql
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'php7.1-pgsql'
E: Unable to locate package php7.1-sqlite3
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'php7.1-sqlite3'
E: Unable to locate package php7.1-odbc
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'php7.1-odbc'
E: Unable to locate package php7.1-curl
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'php7.1-curl'
E: Unable to locate package php7.1-imap
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'php7.1-imap'
E: Unable to locate package php7.1-mcrypt
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'php7.1-mcrypt'
E: Unable to locate package php7.1-xml
E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'php7.1-xml'
Configuring PHP
version 7.1
sed: can't read /etc/php/7.1/fpm/php.ini: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /etc/php/7.1/fpm/php.ini: No such file or directory
Failed to restart php7.1-fpm.service: Unit php7.1-fpm.service failed to load: No such file or directory.

Can you tell me which OS distribution you've been successful with in previous ODROID products?

Thanks

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Cool, glad you got there in the end.

Make sure you get that freeswitch db into tmpfs, switch off access log in nginx and also edit the freeswitch logfile conf so only do warning and above.

ubergoober

Mar 10, 2018
So, yes. I did those three things. No SSD here. Running on the eMMC module that I bought with the Odroid.

ubergoober

Mar 10, 2018
Update. I've upgraded the Odroid XU4 to Armbian Buster, and ran the install script for Debian. The install went very well and I'm running FusionPBX 4.5.12 on the Odroid XU4. One thing I've noticed is that the heat sink on the Odroid is much cooler than it was while running on Stretch. No ask here, just checking back in case there's interest in the XU4.

Reactions: DigitalDaz

zero48

Mar 26, 2021
Update. I've upgraded the Odroid XU4 to Armbian Buster, and ran the install script for Debian. The install went very well and I'm running FusionPBX 4.5.12 on the Odroid XU4. One thing I've noticed is that the heat sink on the Odroid is much cooler than it was while running on Stretch. No ask here, just checking back in case there's interest in the XU4.
Hi, Wondering if stil reliable after a year . I'm thinking to get the same hardware . No recording Calls I I magine . TKS

KitchM

Jul 15, 2019
My performance is more that acceptable for few phones and numbers. I am using the Model 3 B+, revision 1.3. I have not tried to stress test it to see how many concurrent lines it can handle, but it is designed for a desktop environment, so this use should be fairly light for it.

The newer model 4 should be even more powerful.

Status
Not open for further replies.