Sofia SIP Profiles not loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

STTS Steve

Apr 25, 2018
I'm rather new to Freeswitch/Fusionpbx.

Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't my SIP Profiles load whenever my server boots?

I can manually start all profiles from GUI or console without fail and everything works.
They just don't seem to load whenever I reboot the server.

I'm sure there is something simple to get this to load on startup.

Thanks in advance.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
Maybe your startup script but would need to know what OS and version to determine what startup script may be used.

Could also be something to do with permissions. Maybe look through you log files and see if there are any clues.

STTS Steve

Apr 25, 2018
Don't see anything in the log files. The profiles start manually every time with no errors.
I have been playing around with this for about a month and never really noticed if they started automatically in the past, or not.

Version4.2.5Git InformationBranch: 4.2
Commit: 8ffcc33d471486791202ff6d43adca3cbc73073d
Origin: https://github.com/fusionpbx/fusionpbx.git
Project Path/var/www/fusionpbxSwitch Version1.6.20 (64bit)

Linux localhost.localdomain 3.10.0-693.21.1.el7.x86_64

STTS Steve

Apr 25, 2018
My profiles wer loading manually. Now they're not. I'm getting sofia.c:3146 error creating sip ua for profile: internal
I wish I knew what broke it.

smn

Jul 18, 2017
Check freeswitch db folder permission. Make sure it's correct. Even if you are using postgres as the freeswitch db that folder still needs to have the correct permission. Correct the folder permission, delete all the sqlite db files in there and restart freeswitch so they are recreated. I don't know how you have it installed (source or RPM/DEB) so I don't know where that folder is for you.

You still haven't said what OS and what type of startup you are using, ie. systemd or upstart. So it's hard to help if you're not giving much info.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
When this happens sometimes its related to the networking not being completely up before freeswitch starts, what hardware is this on??

smn

Jul 18, 2017
When this happens sometimes its related to the networking not being completely up before freeswitch starts, what hardware is this on??

If it's systemd, the unit file should take care of that. They haven't give any info what their OS is or what their unit file looks like. Also, the official install script for v4.4 (and maybe v4 as well) on systemd looks a little odd. It still works but the unit file doesn't look quite right to me.

If it is systemd on virtualization and it has something to do with networking not ready yet I think I might know how to fix it. I had a problem like that some time ago.

STTS Steve

Apr 25, 2018
Check freeswitch db folder permission. Make sure it's correct. Even if you are using postgres as the freeswitch db that folder still needs to have the correct permission. Correct the folder permission, delete all the sqlite db files in there and restart freeswitch so they are recreated. I don't know how you have it installed (source or RPM/DEB) so I don't know where that folder is for you.

You still haven't said what OS and what type of startup you are using, ie. systemd or upstart. So it's hard to help if you're not giving much info.
Not sure how the folder permissions could have changed.
I don't know what you are asking, "systemd or upstart"? No idea what that is. Or "(source or RPM/DEB)" I installed CentOS and used the install script from here: https://www.fusionpbx.com/download.php.
I was running on Hyper-V and had some strange issues with the SIP profiles breaking.
Seems as though everyone likes Debian better so.....
I rebuilt system on Debian "Jessie" and used the script from the same page. (Debian script)
Starting from scratch as it were. We'll see how long this lastes before I break it again. :)

smn

Jul 18, 2017
If CentOS 7 then you were using systemd. When I had a problem due to network not starting in time I had to add the following to my systemd.

Code:
After=network-online.target

Most likely your CentOS systemd file had "network.target" instead. I found that wasn't good enough with CentOS 7 on virtualization. I am not sure about Debian.

Debian is not any better or worse imo. That's just some peoples opinions and it usually comes down to what people are most comfortable using. With systemd, they are quite similar now.

Last edited:

mikeyh1

Feb 9, 2019
hey guys, we have a multi-master pair of PBXs Mark Crane setup for us. We needed to have multiple internal sip profiles due to load balancing. On the primary PBX the alternate profiles are running and in use, no problem but, on the alternate PBX they will not start and are coming up invalid... Any ideas? :)

mikeyh1

Feb 9, 2019
I found the answer. After failure to start new profiles. error:(invalid profile "internal-5074") go to Advanced--> Upgrade: then run: "App Defaults"

Status
Not open for further replies.