[Solved] *732 IVR recorder hangs up right before recording starts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rchase

Jan 20, 2017
Ran into a weird issue today on FusionPBX 4.2.1 when I went to record an IVR for one of my domains.

I dialed *732 from my phone, entered the recording pin code, then entered 100 for recording name. The call then immediately hungup.

After a look at fs_cli, the problem was that a directory had not been created for domain in the recordings folder.

/var/lib/freeswitch/recordings

So I did:

mkdir /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/mydomain.mysite.tld
chown www-data:www-data /var/lib/freeswitch/recordings/mydomain.mysite.tld

The recordings work now for that domain

Feb 18, 2017
I had the same thing. Wish I had seem this post first...

What is the best practice for a domain name for Fusion. Right now mine in the lab is using my internal IP Address.

Thx,
Scott

rchase

Jan 20, 2017
Hi Scott

I use cloudpbx.mydomain.com as the main login and then i have companyname.mydomain.com for each tenant

Feb 18, 2017
Hey, thx for the reply. In a standalone deployment, are there any drawbacks to just using the ip address of the server?

rchase

Jan 20, 2017
It will work just fine, the only drawback being that you cannot do multi-tenant without DNS names.

The IP address can serve as a single domain

Reactions: Scott Williams

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
It will work fine but for security purposes it is better to use a domain name. That way the IP address can be left for Mr Hacker but because we know it is only Mr Hacker coming there we can do things like block for a month anything that so much as sniffs at the IP.

Status
Not open for further replies.