thinQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

taptech

Mar 6, 2017
I'm a small fish but I have to say, I have been really happy with thinQ. It was very straight forward to setup with FusionPBX, and works easily with my failover setup. Sends calls to primary IP, and fails over to secondary IP.

Their support is "wow" good. As in you call their phone number, and you're talking with an extremely knowledgeable tech in about 2 minutes. Even if the problem is all your fault, they'll spend time with you to help sort it out if they can.

The only downside I can think of right now is DID availability- they do not have as many numbers available as voip.ms.

Reactions: phonesimon

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
How do their costs compare with others? My average termination in the US is about .003. How about month DID costs? SMS?

Blake Priddy

Jan 21, 2018
I like their costs, and the LCR thing they have. But almost everytime I would send a call out them it would not take the caller ID with it. My users would call out of it and the receiving end would see an unavailable on their cell. I could have been doing something wrong tho

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
I like their costs, and the LCR thing they have. But almost everytime I would send a call out them it would not take the caller ID with it. My users would call out of it and the receiving end would see an unavailable on their cell. I could have been doing something wrong tho

I tried them and had the same result. I use them for international only and only because I have a credit with them. I now use Teli and have been with them for a while. Great support and great prices. If interested, I'd be happy to make an introduction.

Ian Oakes

Oct 14, 2016
I used thinq for a long long time - not too much anymore though, had a lot of grief with Canadian termination. I think the caller id thing is a setting in the outbound route telling it to send cid as pid, but ill be damned if i can remember for sure. I will say their support is very good and can be really helpful. If you call in with call examples, you can see what the pbx is sending and what they are expecting. My guess is its pid vs rpid, and they can set that on their end for some of the carriers if its wrong.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
If this is the case, go into your gateways advanced settings and set "Sip CID Type" to pid

Don't forget to stop and restart your gateway.

Ian Oakes

Oct 14, 2016
Ahh, i was under the impression pid didn't work on the gateway from ages ago, and never bothered to check if it has changed. So i went to setting it per call on carriers that wouldnt take rpid, or asking them to change it.

Ian Oakes

Oct 14, 2016
Oh, and as to how i used them, I tended to use them as the last in the route. I get better pricing from other top tier carriers, so they were the catchall. Their orig leaves a lot to be desired, and the lack of other providers besides Intelliquent né Onvoy né broadvox always left something to be desired. But really a great starter carrier i thinq hehe.

rnpsh19

Jan 27, 2019
Any updated opinions? Testing them now, have calls working fine, but haven't gotten sms working yet.

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
Their systems are awesome and they show you the trace of each call in their portal if you're trouble-shooting. But I've been using Teli for the past 2 years and I'm a happy camper. I send my international out thinq

roger_roger

Oct 12, 2016
We use SMS mostly for individual users for texting. I do have a client (gatehouse at a gated community) that uses the API to send text messages to residents when their visitors come through the gate. It works just fine and we can pull an SMS CDR at the end of the month for billing.

Status
Not open for further replies.