Time Conditions to Ring Group Treatments

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayeehook

Mar 5, 2023
Hi everyone.

I considered posting this in the Time Conditions room but it kind of falls under multiple apps in FusionPBX.

Picture this if you will:

We have 3 receptionists. They currently answer calls for 10 different companies with more on the way. Afterhours and holidays calls go to a voicemail. During working hours though, calls go to the receptionists. If they fail to answer, calls go to voicemail.

So with that picture fresh in your mind, here's what I configured:

Time Condition
  • Routes number 2125551212 during working hours to Ring Group 1000 with Receptionist 10, 11, 12 as part of that ring group (in a ring all setup). They have 30s for someone to answer the call
  • After hours and holidays are set to route to the alternate destination (in this case a voicemail).

My issue now is during business hours - I expected that if the receptionists don't pick up the call in time, then the alternate destination of the Time Condition would kick in. Well that isn't happening. The call just drops. I expect that that is because I have no alternate destination in the Ring Group.

So my question to the PBXforums group now, how would you do the above? Am I missing something simple that could fix the "no answer during business hours" issue?

The other thing that i'm taking into consideration right now that I don't want too many items to have to be built for this. I come from an Ops world and the less keystrokes or mouse click for the team to program new accounts, the better. I like having 1 single Ring Group and just make Time Conditions and Voicemail/IVRs for any future company that comes online with us.

Look forward to any feedback on this.

Thanks again.

agree

Aug 26, 2018
If you want to act when no one answeres the ring group, you must use the timeout destination.

Why should the call execute the time condition alternate destination when the ring group times out? Once the time condition was matched, the call was transferred to the ring group.

Status
Not open for further replies.