Unblocking IP's from fail2ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

3d3dman

Oct 11, 2022
Struggling to unblock IP address from fail2ban resulting in no access to the web gui - I have tried adding the ip to /etc/fail2ban/jail.conf ignoreip= IP - also restarted fail2ban but no joy. Any ideas what could solve the issue?

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
It depends on which jail is blocking you.

Code:
fail2ban-client set <jail> unbanip <ip>
fail2ban-client set sshd unbanip 1.2.3.4

If the version of FusionPBX you are using still uses iptables then you will be able see a list of firewall rules with the following command:

Code:
iptables -nvL

Look for your IP address in the output and that may give you a clue as to where you are being blocked.

Reactions: falk

3d3dman

Oct 11, 2022
It depends on which jail is blocking you.

Code:
fail2ban-client set <jail> unbanip <ip>
fail2ban-client set sshd unbanip 1.2.3.4

If the version of FusionPBX you are using still uses iptables then you will be able see a list of firewall rules with the following command:

Code:
iptables -nvL

Look for your IP address in the output and that may give you a clue as to where you are being blocked.
Thanks for the reply, looking at the iptables -nvl it looks like the IP is in the section named - below, would the jail name be sip-auth-fail ?
Chain sip-auth-fail (1 references)

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
That would probably be the name, but I don't think sip-auth-fail should stop you getting to the GUI.

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
If I remember correctly there is an option to unban everything, I can't test it for you because we no longer use fail2ban.

Code:
fail2ban-client unban --all

Status
Not open for further replies.