SOLVED XML Phonebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Jan 23, 2017
The phonebook.xml download only works when the password and authentication is disabled. Meaning it will only download when the download does not require username and password.

It is crazy that it can download the provisioning file as secure but it doesn't download the phonebook.xml when the authentication is required.

I am not sure if it is related to the rewrite rule.

For me it works on browser using authentication (by going to the link https://username:password@mydomain.com/app/provision/pb/000b82b9853f/phonebook.xml

I checked nginx access.log. It is like this:

IP.A.DD.RESS - username [12/Nov/2019:20:32:25 +0000] "GET /app/provision/pb/000b82b9853f/phonebook.xml HTTP/1.1" 401 23 "-" "Grandstream Model HW GXP2170 SW 1.0.11.2 DevId 000b82b9853f"

that 401 means unauthorized.

So the browser can access it secured but the phone can only access it unsecured.

It is a puzzle, and I will so much appreciate a helping hand.

Note: In case you are wondering, the password and username is correct.

vivoras

Feb 23, 2020
The phonebook.xml download only works when the password and authentication is disabled. Meaning it will only download when the download does not require username and password.

It is crazy that it can download the provisioning file as secure but it doesn't download the phonebook.xml when the authentication is required.

I am not sure if it is related to the rewrite rule.

For me it works on browser using authentication (by going to the link https://username:password@mydomain.com/app/provision/pb/000b82b9853f/phonebook.xml

I checked nginx access.log. It is like this:

IP.A.DD.RESS - username [12/Nov/2019:20:32:25 +0000] "GET /app/provision/pb/000b82b9853f/phonebook.xml HTTP/1.1" 401 23 "-" "Grandstream Model HW GXP2170 SW 1.0.11.2 DevId 000b82b9853f"

that 401 means unauthorized.

So the browser can access it secured but the phone can only access it unsecured.

It is a puzzle, and I will so much appreciate a helping hand.

Note: In case you are wondering, the password and username is correct.

After talking several days with the support of Grandstream, we have discovered that although the phone is able to download the configuration file with the Digest authentication type, the phonebook needs the Basic authentication type. The solution to download the phonebook is to change the type of authentication to Basic in FusionPBX. This way, the configuration and the phonebook are downloaded correctly.

Reactions: ricktendo
Status
Not open for further replies.