3rd Party CNAM lookups using BulkVS

Status
Not open for further replies.

marco114

Jun 23, 2019
Winston Salem, NC
www.falconinternet.net
I just started using Amazon's Chime Voice Connector for VoIP service. Amazon's service doesn't have INBOUND CNAM lookups (yet). The least expensive way I've found to add this is using BulkVS ($0.002 per lookup as of this writing). This is also cheaper than my old provider (Vitelity at $0.009/lookup)

Here's a guide I made for reference. It will likely work with other providers too by changing the URL in the cidlookup.conf.xml file in Step 2 below.

First Register for an account at: BulkVS (click signup for new account)

Step 1: In FusionPBX, Ensure that the CID Module is enabled and running.
Go to: Advanced > Modules. Look under Applications for CID Lookup and Ensure it's running like this:

1635520129281.png

Step 2: Login to the Terminal into your FusionPBX Server. You'll need to edit the Config:
Code:
root@pbx#: cd /etc/freeswitch/autoload_configs/
root@pbx#: cp cidlookup.conf.xml cidlookup.conf.xml.orig  (note: make backup of current in-case of problems)
root@pbx#: nano cidlookup.conf.xml

Now delete all the text in there and add this code, you will replace YOUR_API_KEY with the one from BulkVS.
See for API Key: CNAM > CNAM Instructions > CNAM Methods > CNAM HTTP/HTTPS Instructions

Code:
<configuration name="cidlookup.conf" description="cidlookup Configuration">
 <settings>
   <param name="url" value="https://cnam.bulkvs.com/?id=YOUR_API_KEY=${caller_id_number}"/>
   <param name="cache" value="true"/>
   <param name="cache-expire" value="86400"/>
 </settings>
</configuration>

Step 3: Create a Dial Plan. Click your specified domain then Dial Plan > Inbound Routes. Create a New Rule exactly like this:

1635520841850.png

Now, you are all done. I recommend restarting freeswitch from Terminal:

Code:
root@pbx#:  service freeswitch restart

rabbidiesel

Aug 28, 2020
9x9tech.com
Hey,

Thanx for this.
I am just wondering, I have multiple carriers, and one of them is BulkVS.
If I set this up, will BulkVS get a query again, meaning, the call that comes through Bulk, will it still make a query?

Or does this model only do a lookup if there is no CNAM attached?

Best Regards,

nextgiallen

Apr 9, 2021
From my experience the cidlookup module will trigger each time a call goes through that dialplan. I would guess you could put a condition in the dialplan to only perform the lookup if the effective_caller_id_name is blank, but I have not tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.