Aastra phones provisioning: addition CFGs and firmware updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
Hello,

We have a number of Aastra phones in deployment (using another PBX system). We are looking at FusionPBX (the multi-tenancy is the most attractive feature). I have been able to provision an Aastra phone quite easily, but notice it only uses 'aastra.cfg' and '{mac}.cfg', while the phone itself tends to also look for a model-specific CFG file as well (e.g., '6867i.cfg')

I tried adding an entry to the file '/var/www/fusionpbx/.htaccess' under the entry for the 'aastra.cfg':

Code:
RewriteRule     ^provision/6867i.cfg$
app/provision/index.php?file=6867i.cfg [QSA]

I then went intot he template directory for Aastra 686x, copied the 'aastra.cfg' to '6867i.cfg' then rebooted my test phone (an Aastra 6867i) and watched '/var/log/nginx/access.log'. The phone looked for and found 'aastra.cfg' and MAC.cfg (HTTP code 200) but did not find '6867i.cfg' (HTTP code 404)

1. Is it possible to configure FusionPBX to add additional CFG files that Aastra phones look for?
  2. If so, how?
Additionally, there is an entry in the Aastra MAC.cfg file to be able to have the phone look for and download firmware updates from the provisioning server. There is a sample URLin the existing {mac}.cfg template file, but I don't know where the physical path on the server would be? The commented-out entry in the {mac}.cfg file is:

Code:
firmware server: http://{$domain_name}{$project_path}/provision/aastra/firmware

Thanks for your insight! :)

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
.htaccess is ana apache configuration file not nginx.

Ah, well the file *does* exist; I just thought Nginx adopted its use also (I am not familiar with the ins and outs of Nginx)

Would you happen to know where the provisioning URLs are configured in Nginx?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
it will be in /etc/nginx maybe /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/fusionpbx.

gking77

Sep 9, 2019
Hi. I’m new here and am also trying to provision Aastra phones. Were you able to get provisioning to work for your Aastra phones? I would enjoy hearing about it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.