Active Calls remain Active

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2021
Hi everyone, I have a ring group that is not working fine because it does not rings the cell phones that some of the extensions of the ring group have define for forwarding. The problem is that now the test calls I am doing for the ring group remain Active, how can I kill them, also if somebody knows have to fix issue with ring group, thas would be more than excellent!!

Thanks in advance

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Have you tried using the enterprise strategy? It uses multiple threads, so tolerates all sorts of nonsense such as call forwarded extensions and extensions with multiple registrations.

Feb 5, 2021
Hi thanks for your response. I did use enterprise strategy. Is working now. The new issue I am facing is that some extensions continue to unregister after several hours. I register them back again, but it continues happening. Has anyone faced this issue?

DavidShaw

Jan 26, 2021
Is that using GS Wave? I have noticed GS Wave deregisters if you close the app on iOS, haven't tested other OSs

DavidShaw

Jan 26, 2021
Oh sorry I thought you were referring to mobile extensions, you referring to call forwarding to a cellphone /mobile phone. I have no answer but you should try replicate with other handsets/ extensions and also check dialplan privileges etc.

Feb 5, 2021
Hi David!!

So for yesterday, only 2 extensions (315 & 317) out of 10, kept unregistering almost twice a day, so yesterday I did delete the device for extension 317 and configured back again (basically connected to the Grandstream app and refreshed the extensions password), this allowed the extension to register again. This morning Ext 317 was registered (4 times) and 315 is not registered. So I deleted the device for 315 too and registered back. Hope they don't unregister again.. The weird thing is the multiple registrations for the 317.

DavidShaw

Jan 26, 2021
have you tried using a handset which is working fine with ext 315/317 OR try configuring the 315 handset with extension settings you know are working, this way you can isolate whether it is a Handset problem or system problem. Might be a firmware issue etc on the Grandstream handset. I have had similar issues with a full grandstream system, sometimes they aren't the most reliable and also are they new handsets or 2nd hand, as in they have been provisioned on another system before?

Feb 5, 2021
Oh that is a good idea too!! The thing is that this is a remote installation but I can ask someone to change the handsets. Also, yes, this phones were provisioned in an older FusionPBX system, so this is a migration I am doing here.

Thanks again :)

DavidShaw

Jan 26, 2021
you should be able to program the handset remotely though... sometimes SOME handsets have been programmed to hunt for a provisioning URL. I have seen this with Yealinks... even if you factory reset the phone and provision with new settings the handsets will replace the settings after a certain time depending on the FIRST provisioning settings. So if it is programmed to check provisioning ever hour or day or month, the handset will replace the new manual settings with the old. Almost like network locking. IF THIS IS THE CASE The only way around this is to setup a provisioning server to overwrite the provisioning, there should be guidelines on Grandstream how to do this or ask their support team. Provisioning server is actually a good feature and i need to look into FreeSwitch Fusion if it is supported, prevent the phone from losing its settings and when ever you need to make changes you only need to make them on the provisioning server side and it will push it to the phone based on its MAC address when the phone "calls home" for its provisioning.

Feb 5, 2021
Yes, this makes total sense because the first time the phones got unregistered, they appeared connected to the old Fusion installation, I changed the password (naiv thinking :rolleyes:) on the old installation so the Phone was not able to connect to the old server, of course it was not able to register to the old one but it kept unregistering from the new. So I will try what you are suggesting here.

I appreciate your help David!

DavidShaw

Jan 26, 2021
remember the provision is based on URL or server IP on the handset and nothing to do with username and password on either end, the handset pings the server, the server identifies the MAC address and then pushes the settings down to the phone. My understanding at least. If this is the problem you need to overwrite the provisioning server URL/ IP address on the phone. When it loses registration login and check if it has a provision server IP. A very quick diagnosis if its the handset is to install a softphone on your pc or the client's with the username and password for 315 and check if it is stable. MicroSIP is a very stable opensource softphone you can setup very fact.

DavidShaw

Jan 26, 2021
NOTE: you can't always overwrite provisioning with another random prov server. its proprietary in some cases, so you need a yealink server to flash a yealink phone and a grandstream prov server to flash grandstream... It's almost as though this is provisioning is like flashing the firmware, like when you phone is network locked, resetting to factory settings doesn't remove the carrier firmware without the carrier unlock key. Luckily most of these server are free (not sure about GS) and worth learning about them as you can manage whole fleet of handsets with these servers and mass provision/ maintain

Feb 5, 2021
Thanks very much for your replies David. I was finally able to fix it by deleting the Device and provisioning them back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.