ahhh SIP TLS once again

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
This has come up a few times, and ive done my reading, seams to be conflicting paths

Marks guide here makes it seem super easy, I have letsencrypt installed and working just fine, however after editing the internal_ssl_enable feature it kills freeswicth entirely, sometimes the server crashes and doesn't come back - ive done a restore once already - very odd

looking at this post it talks about combining files and putting them in other locations - but marks guide does not mention this at all

anyone had much luck with this ?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
The current guide worked perfectly for me just a week or so ago.

What version of FusionPBX are you using?

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
switch 1.10.3
debian 9.12

yeah it seams so simple, everything on my install works perfect, just when I try and make this change, freeswitch does not seam to like it, I might try making the change a rebooting the whole server

tried that, soon as box comes backup my ext loose registration, there is no 5061 TLS listing, I change the SSL setting back to false, reboot and back up

Last edited:

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Update to this, I did a fresh install on a new server issued a cert and TLS enabled just fine.

but back to my own test server, I tried a full backup and restore onto a new clean install and again tried to enable TLS, same symptoms - I enabled TLS for the internal profile, then rebooted the entire box, under SIP status its completely empty - does that indicate freeswitch is not even starting ? what logs would be good to check for hints ?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
From fs_cli try a: reload mod_sofia and see if you can see the problem.

what should give you an answer 100% is a reload mod_sofia with a sofia loglevel all 9. It will be very busy though.

Status
Not open for further replies.