Backup/Restore Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
So I've been working on creating a restore script largely based on this:

The idea is to have a duplicated server of my dev machine somewhere else for the sake of testing redundancy.

I've actually got the script working in that it restores to another machine, and visually keeps up with the machine that it's being backed up from. What gets weird is:
if I make a modification in the source server, and then restore to the destination server, although visually everything is there, Inbound functionally reflects the old changes when I dial in, until I hit the save button on my Inbound Destination. So it's almost like FusionPBX is up to date with the source server, but Freeswitch is missing something.
If I reboot the machine, nothing is changed, IF however I hit the "save" button on my Inbound Destination (no changes otherwise made), the new updates are reflected.

I'm still messing with this, but I was curious if anyone has seen this before.
Do most handle restoring by using a clean install of FusionPBX? I'm wondering if there's issues with unique IDs or something of the sort, since I do save/restore the config.php and config.lua from the new install as that includes the db password.

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
If anyone is unable to replicate this issue, I can assume it is a problem somehow specific with me, if however after a system restore, you find your inbound destinations are not taking until you hit save, I can assume this is an issue with the current concept of restoring FusionPBX/Freeswitch.

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
Looks like there's a caching element in /var/cache/fusionpbx that I had not previously accounted for.

Status
Not open for further replies.