Brand new install Debian 9 - Outgoing call - Instant busy - Polycom VVX410

Status
Not open for further replies.

cengbrecht

Jun 24, 2018
Hey Guys,

Its me again, :p
I am setting up a new server because I have some glitches I have no clue where they are from, so:
New server, Debian 9 (On Azure)
Fresh install of latest FusionPBX - Free install
2 Cores
4GB Ram
30GB HDD space

Main Question:
All my outgoing calls from my polycom phone which is listing as registered both on the phone and in the server, are always ringing busy.

Addendum #2-4:
In the past few minutes, the phone dropped its connection to that server, but it has reconnected.
Added the SIP line to my cell via Google Sip calling, and it says number unreachable.
So its not the polycom.
I have all the firewall settings correct to the best of my knowledge, even double checked them.
Setting sip_ip, and rtp_ip to autonat:address fixed the issue:
https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/additional_information/nat.html
For others future reference. :)
Addrendum #5:
Calls incoming to the server go to my cell's registration, but not to my Polycom?
Addendum #6:
Calls between my servers result in no audio as well.

Note, I am still having other issues below. :)

Another issue different server:
On a side note, the old server, also Debian 9, and Latest (Updated) has issues where some of the customers and myself, while receiving calls get intermittent audio drops, sometimes mere miliseconds, or sometimes entire words.
All the customers are running Polycom, not all of the customers are experiencing the issues.
2 residential customers are getting the issues on Grandstream HT801's.
Another issue with the old server, sometimes customers calls that have been put on hold will be dropped.
Possibly the customer hangs up, possibly its lost. I was not notified in a good timeline.

Last edited:

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Get rid of the NAT, all your problems will probably go away.

cengbrecht

Jun 24, 2018
Hahaha, I am not sure if it is natted.
The Azure networking is setup specifically by them, I don't have much control?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
From the linux command prompt do:
Code:
ip a
Whats the ip range dose it start 10.x.x.x, 192.168.x.x or 172.16.x.x ?

cengbrecht

Jun 24, 2018
Crap, it is natted... I did set the external IP, but what else would you need me to fix? I am seriously contemplating moving the entire old server to Azure, so this is a big one.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I wouldn't use azure, why are you choosing that when it clearly brings issues?

cengbrecht

Jun 24, 2018
Well, for one, with the Microsoft Office 365 Bronze benefit of being a re-seller, I get 130$ in credits a month towards Azure, the setup is very robust, and much lower latency.
Aside from that, I am having some issues on Digital Oceans servers and I am not sure whats causing them, so I was doing some testing.
Thanks for looking at this, as far as the second issues go, do you have any suggestions?

Incubugs

Apr 7, 2018
We use 1and1 for our cloud pbx's never ever had any issues with nat, all your issues are being caused as stated above by Daz , nat is your enemy :)

cengbrecht

Jun 24, 2018
If the issues are only NAT related, then the second set of issues I reported are complete and utter lies.
The first machine I built does not have any NAT going on.
The second machine, the one on Azure, is the only one with 1to1 NAT

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
What version of Freeswitch? 1.8.5 has definitely got NAT issues. I'm actually surprised the official installer is still using this crap and allowing new installs to get caught in this trap.

Status
Not open for further replies.