Call Deflection

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Hi, just wanted some information on call deflection. I see in the docs that there is a dialplan manager option for "deflect", I'm currently running 4.2.4 and do not see this option. Is it available on the newer version or is it an additional app/module that I need to load into my Fusionpbx?

Currently when I turn on call forwarding to an external mobile then internal calls to the extension with the forwarding are forwarded fine, if an external caller calls in to the forwarded number then the forwarding doesn't work, I've seen some posts about this and it's the Caller-ID of the incoming call being routed back out my gateway, obviously my VOIP provider won't allow a caller-id that does not match one of my DID's..

So my questions are,

1. How can I change the caller-id to reflect a caller-id that I can set instead of the incoming callers ID? I've tried action set "effective_caller_id" on the call forwarding dialplan manager but I don't know if it's the correct place to add it in and I believe I have the syntax wrong, any help here appreciated.

2. With call forwarding, the tenant on the pbx doing the forwarding pays for the bridged call, but with call deflection, once the call is deflected am I correct in assuming it does what it says on the tin and the pbx is no longer involved with call bridging in any way and call cost is on the original caller?

3. I have a customer who would like to have an IVR menu and some of the options will be to deflect the call to an external mobile, so assuming I can add the deflect module can I then use the deflect option with IVR menu?

Any info or guidance here please?

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Any help here please? Have I asked an incorrect question here? Perhaps too Noobie?

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Thanks Daz! I will give that a try.
Any input/help with Call Deflection?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I haven't a clue what this deflect is, I just assumed you mean call forwarding.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Apparantly there is a call deflect option in Dial plan manager, but not on my older version of FusionPBX, scroll down to "Deflect"

https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/dialplan/dialplan_application.html

Then this mod from freeswitch, https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/mod_dptools:+deflect

I don't know if this will work with external incoming pstn calls. If it does then brilliant as deflecting means the PBX isn't bridging and my PBX tenant is not paying for the forwarded call.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Nah, this wouldn't work as its sending a sip refer. Most carriers would block this anyway but even if they didn't, you would be telling YOU CARRIER to connect to another number, it would be charged to your account. I think this is why many carriers block refer, there are huge fraud opportunities there.

CPav

Dec 13, 2017
Nah, this wouldn't work as its sending a sip refer. Most carriers would block this anyway but even if they didn't, you would be telling YOU CARRIER to connect to another number, it would be charged to your account. I think this is why many carriers block refer, there are huge fraud opportunities there.

Thanks for explaining that Daz!
I've followed your link and have upgraded my PBX to 4.4.2, I can now see the drop down to set the caller ID, many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.