Call Forwarding - GRP2615

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
Hey everyone! I'm attempting to make the transition from Polycom to Grandstream. Nothing wrong with Polycom, I just like the innovation that I feel Grandstream has and is bringing, and the direction now Poly is going makes me nervous.

Anyway, Call Forwarding on Polycom was a simple push button and go; and everything worked well. Grandstream seems to be unnecessarily tedious. Anyone have an easy way to do this? I could setup static call flows, but that doesn't seem ideal for larger use cases. Maybe some sort of dynamic call flow with a programmed button on the phone (dynamic as in the user can enter the phone number to forward to)?

NVGcom

Apr 29, 2020
I have it set in few ways.
- Disable Local Feature Codes and Forward All Soft button - set *74 toggle in On/Off - if using GXP series this adds Features soft button.
- Soft Button - removed ForwardAll embedded tag and added Idle Screen Softkey button as Forward All *74 - I do this on GRP series.

You can use GDMS and make it easy or use FusionPBX provisioning bu changing tags:

XML:
<P8348>forwardAll</P8348>
<P191>0</P191> //per account or you can add {$grandstream_feature_codes} then add into Profile for GXP device for all accounts.
<P26013>*74</P26013>
<P26014>*74</P26014>
If you use Local Feature Codes dialing to let's say *732 for them to record won't work. It'll dial *73 then 2.
Adding DnD *77 same way will dial and set DnD into FusionPBX as well as notify on LCD screen.

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
I have it set in few ways.
- Disable Local Feature Codes and Forward All Soft button - set *74 toggle in On/Off - if using GXP series this adds Features soft button.
- Soft Button - removed ForwardAll embedded tag and added Idle Screen Softkey button as Forward All *74 - I do this on GRP series.

You can use GDMS and make it easy or use FusionPBX provisioning bu changing tags:

XML:
<P8348>forwardAll</P8348>
<P191>0</P191> //per account or you can add {$grandstream_feature_codes} then add into Profile for GXP device for all accounts.
<P26013>*74</P26013>
<P26014>*74</P26014>
If you use Local Feature Codes dialing to let's say *732 for them to record won't work. It'll dial *73 then 2.
Adding DnD *77 same way will dial and set DnD into FusionPBX as well as notify on LCD screen.
Interesting, I wanted to say I "got this working" by enabling local feature codes, which I did, and it is nice, but you are correct that it seems to cause all sorts of problems as most of FusionPBX's feature codes almost seem to conflict.
The local call forwarding though makes clear when Forwarding is enabled vs Forwarding at the FusionPBX level which may actually be better functionality wise but visually doesn't show when forwarding is enabled. Unless you've been able to monitor this in some way with BLF?

NVGcom

Apr 29, 2020
Interesting, I wanted to say I "got this working" by enabling local feature codes, which I did, and it is nice, but you are correct that it seems to cause all sorts of problems as most of FusionPBX's feature codes almost seem to conflict.
The local call forwarding though makes clear when Forwarding is enabled vs Forwarding at the FusionPBX level which may actually be better functionality wise but visually doesn't show when forwarding is enabled. Unless you've been able to monitor this in some way with BLF?

I agree, that is the only LCD Icon that does not appear when setting directly on Fusion using it's codes, compared to suffering I have when Cx enables forward on the phone vs forward in FusionPBX or any PBX is far greater than setting a BLF. Same goes for DnD, FM and I still have to figure out the CFB and CFNA feature codes, since FusionPBX apparently is the only one without them. I believe it follows Grandstream UCM codes, which are *72 and *73, there is no *74 toggle, which might be the reason why it is not showing. Try using those, they might. I just prefer toggle since I add on GRP's as Soft Button. Having two would be annoying.
If I find the way to make it stick instead of show for a second then disappear, I'll post it.

I enabled CFA BLF button for those that require visual. You can set blf as forward+ext as value if you follow one of the posts for CF and DND BLF enabling.
I am trying to figure out follow me fm+ext at the moment.
DnD would be dnd+ext as BLF value.,

PBXMePlz

Mar 1, 2019
I agree, that is the only LCD Icon that does not appear when setting directly on Fusion using it's codes, compared to suffering I have when Cx enables forward on the phone vs forward in FusionPBX or any PBX is far greater than setting a BLF. Same goes for DnD, FM and I still have to figure out the CFB and CFNA feature codes, since FusionPBX apparently is the only one without them. I believe it follows Grandstream UCM codes, which are *72 and *73, there is no *74 toggle, which might be the reason why it is not showing. Try using those, they might. I just prefer toggle since I add on GRP's as Soft Button. Having two would be annoying.
If I find the way to make it stick instead of show for a second then disappear, I'll post it.

I enabled CFA BLF button for those that require visual. You can set blf as forward+ext as value if you follow one of the posts for CF and DND BLF enabling.
I am trying to figure out follow me fm+ext at the moment.
DnD would be dnd+ext as BLF value.,
Yes *72 and *73 interface with the LCD much better!
Sleek! This kind of fixes a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.