Call Park announcing slot on other party's phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
Hello,

I am testing Call Park and in "Dial Plan > Dial Plan Manager", I disabled "valet_park" and enabled "valet_park_in" and "valet_park_out". When I park a call, the call goes to the next available slot, however the slot number is not announced on the phone of the Parker but that of the Parkee, so when I park the call, I don't actually know what slot the call is in (but the party I parked does)

Is this by design (and if so, why?)? If not by design, is it the Dial Plan for "valet_park_in" that would need to be fixed?

SilkBC

Nov 24, 2017
OK, so it seems this is a bug that has existed for while. As suggested in another post on this forum if I do an attended transfer to *5900, I hear the slot number, then when I hang up the call (completing the transfer) it works -- although the party being parked still gets the slot number called out them (I can live with that)

On a related note, if I set a key on my phone (Aastra 6867i) to "Park" with a value of "park+*5900", when I park a call using that, I do hear the slot called out, the party being parked just hears hold music, however, the line never clears on my phone; it stays occupied, even when I hang up, so it's like the parking (or "transfer") is not being completed. If I call the parking slot from another phone, it just hears the hold music. On my original phone (where the call was parked from), I can pickup the line again and the call will pickup.

Thoughts and ideas?

If there is no real solution, I can probably live with users having to do an attended transfer to *5900 (as far as I am aware, very few users at any of our clients actually do call parking anyway)

Yes, I do know I can set up specific "Park" buttons going directly to *5901, *5902, *5903, etc., but I don't want to use up button "unnecessarily".

Status
Not open for further replies.