Call Parking - what am i missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Following this guide - https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/features/parking.html which is pretty striaght forward, but cant seam to get it to work. I created an extension, in the example 5901 and then just set the key up on the ext, but if I push the PARK1 while in a call it just drops the call. cant see anything in the logs and when I check the phone the button is setup correctly. do you have to create the ext somewhere special ? I tried in Applications > Queues but same result - I must be missing something this should be simple right ?

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
The default dial plans create park slots *5901 through *5999.
Any extension should be able to call or transfer a call to *5901.
The "park+" portion is for BLF indications if the slot is in use or not.

Different phones have different requirements for how a "park button" has to be assigned. Most phones can use a button programmed as "BLF" with a value of "park+*5901" and so on.

Grandstream and some others need additional dial plan entries to allow "park+" to work. and uses feature "Monitored Call Park"
Yealink on some firmware versions need "Call Park" as feature, others need "BLF" while even other versions just break the feature.
Polycom uses "Automata" for feature.

Reactions: s2svoip

s2svoip

Dec 9, 2019
Bingo, that was it, I just assumed you could make the park ext whatever you wanted, I did not realise it was preDefined in the dial plan for 5901>

cheers @ad5ou

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
You can make it most anything you want, but you would need to copy the existing park dial plan and modify it to use new numbers.

Reactions: s2svoip

Andrew Byrd

Feb 16, 2018
When using call park on YealinkT29 or T54 latest firmware be sure to set up the value as:

park+*5901@abc.domain.com

abc.domain.com of course is for example purposes. You would put YOUR domain name there. By doing this the BLF will display correctly as opposed to if you don't the blf stays green even when parked

Status
Not open for further replies.