Calling through other extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

albert-g

Aug 11, 2020
I have 3 extensions 100, 200, 300. I wanted to have, when 200 or 300 extensions calling to outbound external number, to have it go to 100 extension and then to outbound.
And in final I will have 200 / 300 -> 100 -> external number. The logic is to have "outbound_caller_id" from extension 200 / 300, but external call with extension 100. Something like replacing internal extension number. Please advise how can I get this.

ad5ou

Jun 12, 2018
There isn't a mechanism to "pretend to be extension 100"
Either assign a second account to the devices to allow calling out with different outbound caller ID's or setup a dial plan to set correct ID when dialing with a prefix.

A typical option is to require "9" prefix for "normal outbound calls" and a "6" or "8" prefix for special calls such as sending a different caller ID, or routing over a different path, etc.

albert-g

Aug 11, 2020
Thanks for your reply.
I thinking, that maybe using the second way (prefix way), I can mix with account selection, and for example register phone second account with the same extension, but with different display_name/label (the phones is yealink) and create outbound_route based on this label.
Is there a parameter for label, so I can check it in outbound_route? What do you think, does it make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.