Calls drop after 60 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZIain

Feb 22, 2019
We currently use FreePBX but I love the potential that Freeswitch/FusionPBX offers. I have been trying to get a working system for several months now, but only had small windows to iron out the issues. I currently have 2 issues that are preventing some basic usage. I have another thread with my other issue of not being able to receive any calls.

The issue of this thread is that all external calls drop after 60 seconds. I have 1 sip trunk which is registered as a gateway, (apparently) without issue and I am able to make calls with 2 way audio for about 50-55 seconds. Extension to extension calling works fine. The extensions are all remote. I have run sngrep and it consistently shows the call last almost exactly 60 seconds pretty much every time. My initial thoughts were it was a NAT issue, but I am thinking that probably isn't the case as it works fine for a short period.

Could someone offer some guidance what I might be missing please?

Many Thanks

ZIain

Feb 22, 2019
Calls timing out after 30-60 seconds is almost ALWAYS a NAT issue somewhere.
Thanks ad5ou for the quick response.

If it was NAT would it not affect the extension to extension as well? I don't have any issue with these and they are all remote.

If it is a NAT issue, can you give me some idea of where to start looking?

Thanks.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
We need some logs to be able to determine anything. You haven't even said whether the PBX is onsite or out on the internet.

ZIain

Feb 22, 2019
We need some logs to be able to determine anything. You haven't even said whether the PBX is onsite or out on the internet.
What sort of logs do you need? More than happy to provide any that help.

The PBX is on one of our servers in our data centre, I have VPN access to it for management, but all voice related traffic is over the internet.

ZIain

Feb 22, 2019
OMG! I really should have checked the obvious - it turns out my provider limits the calls to 60 seconds by default on new accounts, although i don't remember that with previous accounts I have set up. Going to check further tomorrow, but it is certainly looking like that was the issue.

Thanks for your input guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.