Calls in CDR showing as 'Failed'

Status
Not open for further replies.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Hi,

Calls that seem to go through, and are answered show in the CDR as Outbound: Failed.

What's the reason for this? Is there a 'success' label or a point in the logs / trace to see what exactly the failure was?

No issues reported on the phone side.

Screenshot attached for reference (I've changed up the data for protection reasons)

fusion-failed.png

As you can see - it's only when you hover over the black arrow!

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Strange! Is there anything I can do to check why it thinks its failing so that I can iron it out?

Thanks

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
That doesn't add confidence to the product!
Are there any alternatives for multi tennant?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Thing is, others of us can fix bugs like this, it needs a fork that is out of his control. I'm actually beginning to believe he is now the problem with the project, its all about control, control of everything, the documentation, the code, the people around him.

Look at me, banned after five years in IRC because he didn't like a post I made elsewhere on the internet.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, problems like this can be fixed anyway.

I'm definitely creating my own fork at the next release. There are no major problems that I'm aware of.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
I'd prefer to follow and support a fork that had an active community and on that felt it could develop on a similar pace to FusionPBX at least. Gives more faith in continuity then.

What would you call it? :)

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
Not a clue, personally I'm more for something that is feature frozen, I still after five years still use only a tiny fraction of the features.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
The thing is investing in leading development techniques and new features ensures the project remains able to run on the most secure systems and standards. Freezing it and doing maintenance would gradually choke the project within 5 years.

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
I can probably count on a couple of hands the amount that EVER log in to FusionPBX and nearly all complain when I upgrade

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
So what do you use? Just WHMCS with some kind of module for CDR calculation billing?

DigitalDaz

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 29, 2016
They have just gotten used to things working a certain way, then it gets broken. To take advantage of any features you generally need a quite IT savvy person, or permanent IT employee. Many of these type of customers wouldn't even touch fusionpbx because of its lack of documentation, no github issues etc. Just doesn't look professional enough.

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
They have just gotten used to things working a certain way, then it gets broken. To take advantage of any features you generally need a quite IT savvy person, or permanent IT employee. Many of these type of customers wouldn't even touch fusionpbx because of its lack of documentation, no github issues etc. Just doesn't look professional enough.

So do you offer FusionPBX as an optional feature to access? Do you lock it down?

AIC2000

Feb 15, 2018
Looks like you have veered of somewhere, what are you talking about? Billing?

Just with you saying they don't access it. Do you provide data over API and automate invoice generation, that about it for customer activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.