Can I restrict out call

Status
Not open for further replies.

alamin

May 13, 2021
Hi,
Can I restrict out call for some ext like I have 10 ext on my domain, so I want to 5 ext out call using my default outgoing route is fine, but I want to another 5 ext out call using prefix code like 33 then dial number.

is it possible or not? Have an any idea....Please help me.

Thanks.

NVGcom

Apr 29, 2020
Hi,

It is possible, but what is the actual purpose of dialing prefix 33? Are they using a different gateway? Less outbound channels?

Create an Outbound Route the same way as your main just with lower Order than your main.
Put in Description Route 33 or Prefix 33, whichever naming you'd like.
Edit the Outbound Route and put ^\+?1?33([2-9]\d{2}[2-9]\d{2}\d{4})$ as destination_number.
Put Toll Allow as prefix33 for example.
Edit extensions and add Toll allow as prefix33 or whatever your naming convention is.
This will restrict them to just using that route.
Edit call_direction-outbound with that description and make the same change.

With toll allow you don't really need prefix, but if you use just prefix they can dial out through any route if they forget it.

You can use this method to redirect their calls through different route even without prefix, lower amount of channels, use different gateway and so on.
This is also handy if you want to push two different CID. You might have two different companies and one can use prefix and the other dial normally.

Another way is to create a new Outbound route with lower order than your main and use Tag: condition Type:${sip_from_user} Data: 101|102|103 Order: after ${user_exists}
If they are in a range, such as 110-115 you can use Data: 11[0-5]
Change the destination_number the same way.
This should detect those extensions and route them without toll allow.

Hope this helps.

hfoster

Jan 28, 2019
Don't forget to think about emergency phone numbers too. Making people do wacky stuff like prefixing 9 before 911 or 999 is usually against the law, or frowned upon in some countries.

NVGcom

Apr 29, 2020
@hfoster is right.
There should be several Outbound Routes.
I create Emergency 911, 933, 988 as first route with lowest order. This can be global route if using one Carrier for e911. Extensions should always have Emergency CID set to the Name and Number registered as e911 entry(s) in case extensions are in different locations. Avoid using prefixes or toll allow for 911.
The 911 on extension is set for SIP Trunking service as well.
Toll Free is also separated as well as 311, 411 and the rest of N11 if need be. This gives more flexibility.
Since I am in Canada and provide Canada wide plans I also have route w/ all current, new and proposed NPA.
There are also cross domain routes.

So for you, create two NA routes w/ two different toll allow w/ naming conventions related to them, e.g., sales, CS and such.
You could add the prefix described above for one. In this case, 911 and other routes will be dialed normally.
You might have to do two for TFN as I'd recommend avoiding having complicated dialing plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.