Can't get an external call to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Nunn

Oct 16, 2019
Hi Guys,

I've been struggling with this for weeks so have finally hit the wall.

I have a system that was working on FreePBX happily for a while until the server crashed and burnt and I had to reinstall, so I thought I'd give Fusion a go.

I have managed to get all of the phones to register and they all work internally.
I have my trunk registered.
I think I've set up the dial plan and routing happily (but obviously haven't).

But I cannot make an external call. All I get in an engaged tone no matter what I try (and inbound isn't working either, but no surprise there I guess).

This is a pretty simple setup at the moment (5 phones, one trunk). Is there a simple "how to" somewhere that would give me a clue?

Ta
Peter.

Kenny Riley

Nov 1, 2017
Have you added your carrier IP addresses to the domains access control list? This step is usually missed by most people who are new to FusionPBX.

https://docs.fusionpbx.com/en/latest/advanced/access_controls.html

If you've got that taken care of, then it would be helpful to provide some logs for outbound/inbound call attempts so that we can see what's actually happening and why your fails are failing. If you're coming from FreePBX, you normally view Asterisk logs from the terminal by executing "asterisk -rvvvvvv". The equivalent in the Freeswitch world is "fs_cli".

You can also view real time SIP messages to/from your system by using sngrep which may give you some hints as to what's happening as well.

Peter Nunn

Oct 16, 2019
Hi Kenny,
seems that the acl's might indeed be the issue.

I've mucked around with them and seem to be getting closer, but something is still no right.

The freeswitch output is now in the attached log file.

Hope it makes sense to someone :)

Attachments

• pbx.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 9

Peter Nunn

Oct 16, 2019
For inbound calls, they are getting to the pbx OK, but not ringing anything.

Again... log attached.

Attachments

• pbx2.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 6

ewdpb

Oct 3, 2019
With the risk of being utterly wrong (I have less experience than you with Fusion and Freeswitch), may it be possible that you do not have any rule in your dialplan to send the call to an extension (extension in the traditional sense)? Your log says this:

Dialplan: sofia/external/041217XXXX@125.213.160.81 Action log([inbound routes] 404 not found ${sip_network_ip}) INLINE
EXECUTE sofia/external/041217XXXX@125.213.160.81 log([inbound routes] 404 not found 125.213.160.81)
2019-10-19 22:15:20.612514 [DEBUG] mod_dptools.c:1792 routes] 404 not found 125.213.160.81

The way I read it is that it is not finding any route for that call. Try this: create a simple automated attendant (the vanilla IVR menu would do it), set it as your default destination, does it work?

Best,

Wilmar

Last edited:

Adrian Fretwell

Aug 13, 2017
Peter, for outbound, it looks like you are calling 04127... without a prefix like 9 - that's fine, have you configured an outbound route with a condition something like ^(0\d{9,17})$ (Dial Plan -> Outbound Routes).

For inbound, as ewdpb says, make sure you have a destination for the inbound number. (Dial Plan -> Destinations). Also make sure that the Extension field (under advanced in the gateway record) is set to auto_to_user.

Peter Nunn

Oct 16, 2019
Ughh... so, I stared playing with the routing and now the trunk is failing to register (fail_wait). No idea what would have caused that, but I think I've gone back a step (did have a couple of goes at getting the inbound working before this failure). I'll have another look tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.